A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

How to fix hard starting

42K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Nperez1986 
#1 ·
Thanks b15sentraspec

You need the Nissan Fuel Pump repair kit.

Product SKU: NTB05-052A
For Service Bulletin # NTB05-052A

Get it here:

Nissan Fuel Pump Repair Kit - 2002-2006 Sentra (B15U) QR25, 2003-2006 Sentra (B1 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

In the Nissan universe, this part is known as .
The 2002-2006 Sentra QR25, 2003-2006 Sentra QG18 engine TSB# NTB05-052A uses a quantity of 1 of this part in this location.
Genuine Nissan Fuel Pump Repair Kit.
Installation instructions are not included.

• Application:
  • 2002 Sentra (B15) with QR25 engine only.
  • 2003-2006 Sentra (B15) with QR25 or QGI8 engine

• Applied VIN:
  • 2002 Sentra with QR25 engine; all VINs
  • 2003-2006 Sentra; all VINs
Nissan TSB #NTBO5-052a

Applied Vehicles: 2002 Sentra (B15) with QR25 engine, 2003-2006 Sentra (B15) with QR25 or QGI8 engine

Applied VIN: 2002 with QR25 engine; all VINs, 2003- 2006; all VINs

• IF YOU CONFIRM:
  • When starting the engine, it cranks longer than 3 seconds before it starts.

• ACTION:
  • Install the Fuel Pump Repair Kit

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for giving me the credit :)

#4 ·
dealer hookup :biggrin:

#5 ·
#6 ·
Ive had this issue since about 3 months after first getting my car more than 5 years ago and I dealt with it for a while then my best fiend did and then me now again.

Now that the car is back in my hands, i plan on fixing this because this shit annoys the shit out of me(not to mention its embarrassing) i know im kind of opening a dead thread but was there ever a recall on this? not just because im a cheap ass but because its a known issue and i havent been able to find anything about a recall anywhere online

#9 ·
No, the problem is the fuel sending unit inside the fuel tank. When you drive the car for awhile and then park it,
fuel leaks out of the injectors back into the gas tank because the fuel sending unit has expanded due to heat
from the car running. One suggestion is to turn the key just enough to let the fuel pump prime and send
fuel back into the injectors before you crank it. This doesn't always work though so this fuel pump repair kit is the only permanent fix.

#16 ·
Has anyone had this fix work for a short period of time (a month or so) and then start acting up again? Nissan installed the repair kit, under warranty. The problem returned a month later. Then they replaced the crank sensor. The problem returned a few months later. Long story short, the fuel pump was replaced three times after this, each time the problem returned within a month or so. The dealer finally refused to do anything else about the issue. I was told that this was the only vehicle they have ever worked on that the fuel pump repair kit failed on, in addition to the three fuel pumps and the crank sensor.

#18 ·
Just installed this.....it STILL takes a good 3 seconds to start...the car wasn't like this before...SO I plan to swap out the spark plugs / Cam positions sensor / Crankshaft position sensor. Before the fix, it took FOREVER to start had to press the gas a bit to get it to start
After the fix now I don't have to press the gas pedal BUT I still have to wait longer than it used to be....still a little disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.