B15U.com - A Nissan Sentra Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0507 code???

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

Default P0507 code???

So today i cleaned the throttle body on my car. When i started the car it started idling jumps from 1.5k to 2k RPM really annoying i was like WTF after driving for about 5 minutes got a check engine light. plugged in the code reader gave me a p0507 Idle control system RPM high. What can that be how can i fix it.Car runs good except when in neutral it revs up and down

Senior Member MIKE
    Rides
    Drives
    02 maxima

Default Re: P0507 code???

ohh man neverrrrr clean the tb on our cars... well u can clean em never touch the plate inside( the flap) now u have to do the idle relearn to fix it...

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

i tried it but couple times but not sure if im doing it right doesnt seem to work

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

i should of known better to ask first

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

Well after researching this helped went through the whole thing but still idling high

check link out [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62kkenI_Ro]YouTube - Nissan P0505 P0507 Relearn Cam and Crank Sensor Troubleshooting and Testing by Wells[/ame]

Senior Member MIKE
    Rides
    Drives
    02 maxima

o the idle relearn from this forum...ull find it in search...make sure u have a timer with u( stopwatch) and time becuase it aint gunna work on the first try( maybe if your lucky) it took me about 10 times for mine to relearn...keep trying man!

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

I got it to go all the way through with the flashing mil light and all but still idles high.

Senior Member BIG AL
    Rides
    Drives
    04 SPEC V

Try this unplug the t/b for about 20mins then plug it back in scan & clear all the code. Then start the car & run it for about 5min. Then do the idle relearn that should fix your problem. Oh yeah did you mess with the MAF also?
    Big J: "Who gives a damn, some people open a tool box, some people open a wallet to build a car, the end results are the end results."

CATCH ME IF U CAN

Apprentice Daniel
    Drives
    2004 Turboed Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

Make sure you have no vacuum leaks.
    Herniated Disc - Having back problems? Learn about treatment options.

Good things do come to those who wait, but only the things that are left behind by those who hustle. - Abraham Lincoln

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by cupit867 View Post
    Try this unplug the t/b for about 20mins then plug it back in scan & clear all the code. Then start the car & run it for about 5min. Then do the idle relearn that should fix your problem. Oh yeah did you mess with the MAF also?

I didnt mess with the MAF but Im going to try this out. thanks

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by cupit867 View Post

So I just gave this a try and it worked Just want to say thanks for all the help. I was ready to give up and just make a appointment with Nissan tomorrow to take it in and get checked out. Thanks again greatly appreciated for those who helped

im having this identical problem but with no code. is it absolutely necessary to clear all the codes after unplugging the TB for a while if you were never throwing a code? it's sitting right now with unplugged, im trying to be patient with it and give it a while...

edit: didnt work- any other ideas? i now have a code though, but still same problem... http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/show...=1#post2618812

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    im having this identical problem but with no code. is it absolutely necessary to clear all the codes after unplugging the TB for a while if you were never throwing a code? it's sitting right now with unplugged, im trying to be patient with it and give it a while...

edit: didnt work- any other ideas? i now have a code though, but still same problem... yet another idle issue - yes i did my research - help me out - B15sentra.net - Nissan Sentra Forum
    unplug your battery over night then try it again it worked for me after doing it a couple times.

Try this unplug the t/b for about 20mins then plug it back in scan & clear all the code. Then start the car & run it for about 5min. Then do the idle relearn that should fix your problem.

SCROLL UP TO THE 5TH POST WATCH THE VIDEO WILL GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA ON HOW TO DO IT. THAT HELPED ME ALSO.ITS DONE ON A ALTIMA BUT IT WORKS

Senior Member BIG AL
    Rides
    Drives
    04 SPEC V

Quote Originally Posted by specV04 View Post
    So I just gave this a try and it worked Just want to say thanks for all the help. I was ready to give up and just make a appointment with Nissan tomorrow to take it in and get checked out. Thanks again greatly appreciated for those who helped
    Ur welcome glad to help out.
    Big J: "Who gives a damn, some people open a tool box, some people open a wallet to build a car, the end results are the end results."

CATCH ME IF U CAN

yeah i did the relearn like 35 times, ive got that shit down like nobody's business. always with a stop watch, too.

no luck with unplugging the tb or battery, but i only tried the battery for an hour. ill try it tonight all night... maybe i should leave the tb unplugged too? i dunno if that would make any difference if the battery is already unplugged...

Senior Member BIG AL
    Rides
    Drives
    04 SPEC V

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    yeah i did the relearn like 35 times, ive got that shit down like nobody's business. always with a stop watch, too.

no luck with unplugging the tb or battery, but i only tried the battery for an hour. ill try it tonight all night... maybe i should leave the tb unplugged too? i dunno if that would make any difference if the battery is already unplugged...
    do you have any codes? which codes are coming up? If you do have clear the code & try it again.

CATCH ME IF U CAN

Newbie Alex
    Drives
    04 SE-R Spec V

you might have some other problem i tried it about a good ten times before i got it to work.I did it to my friends spec V and it worked on the first try.Check to see what codes you have.

it's that p0507 again, naturally... i couldn't hear any leaks while my friend kicked the throttle, but im 90% sure i can hear a vacuum hiss while im driving in 2nd and 3rd giving it only a moderate amount of gas.

im thinking it must be a leak if i can hear it, but for the life of me i cant find it. i tightened everything and checked the TB gasket. i dont want to have to get into the manifold, but i may have to. the only thing holding me back is that there was no leak prior to removing the intake and doing this evidently disasterous cleaning. i never touched the manifold except the TB, so i dont know how it could have "sprung" a leak like that.

Senior Member MIKE
    Rides
    Drives
    02 maxima

^^ if you dont wanna take shit apart...open ur hood...get some wd40 spray and spray around ur intake...like where the gasket wuld be or w>e if you see the spray getting suckd in...u have a leak =)

i am a newbie herre, and this site is awesome, i have an scan tool, i have scanned my sentra and receive the p05007 code i follow the instructions on the video but i cant get the mill to stay steady after it blinks am i doing something wrong please help....this is killing me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast