A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

door speakers stopped working

All B15 Models 
5K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  njord 
#1 ·
well as the title says the door speakers and tweeters just randomly stoped working in my car the other day. i ckecked the wires behind the stereo kinda and im having a hard time beliving the wires just fell off both speakers at the same time. and im pretty sure there not blown. what else should i check before i try taking off the door panel?:thinking::confused:

#8 ·
Wait a minute.

You are using the output from the stock amp to the input of the kenwood amp? :thinking:

If I were you, I would take this opportunity to redo you sound system.

#9 ·
Wait a minute.

You are using the output from the stock amp to the input of the kenwood amp? :thinking:

If I were you, I would take this opportunity to redo you sound system.
haha im not sure to be honest the previous owner did this shit. but the front speakers worked fine when i got the car about a month ago, then the fronts just stopped. ill have to take a closer look at how its set up. but i never really turned it up or anything so how could they both blow out at the same time randomly? most i had it turned up to was mabe 15 and they sounded fine..

#10 ·
It is either you use all stock wires or you don't.

It is never good to combine them.

#13 ·
Ok... even worse.

If you have one amp for the sub, there should be another one to power the door speakers.

If not, then the system was a hack job.

I am telling you man, redo the whole system correctly this time.

Either you put a deck in and power the door speakers.
Or get a four channel amp for the doors and have another amp for your sub(s).

#14 ·
ok lets start over. everything is stock. i just took the amp out. so its all stock and i have no sub. not even the factory one (didnt come with one) and my front door speakers arent getting power to them. i guess ill check if there getting power out of the headunit

#15 ·
Yeh, check the output of the deck to all the speakers.

If they are all good, then you know that the speakers are blown.

But even if the speakers are not blown, still get components for the front and nice alpines for the rear......:D

#16 ·
You need to do some troubleshooting. Take a look at the wires and the RCA's from the receiver to the amp. If both went out, at out at the same time chances are you have blown or shorted out a channel on either the amp or your receiver. Switch some wires around from the amp to the speakers and see what works and what doesn't. From there you can pin point what exactly has failed on you.

#19 ·
i figured out it was the stock amp went bad. so now i bypassed the stock amp and wired the stock harness into the kenwood that was back there. its a kenwood kac-7204, and now i have another question haha. right now i have both left speakers hooked up to one channel and both right to the other, and then a kicker l5 10" bridged over both channels.. and im really not getting much noticable bass out of the sub this way. is there any other way to wire it or do i need to get a four channel amp? or run two amps? or what?

#20 · (Edited)
right now i have both left speakers hooked up to one channel and both right to the other, and then a kicker l5 10" bridged over both channels
I would disconnect that immediately, and pay someone to do this for you, or start reading.
Having both left speakers wired in parallel will work fine at 2ohm on one channel. Same goes for the two right speakers.
Now having a sub bridged across all of that, and I'm surpprized you're amp didn't go up in flames (it wouldn't really go in flames, but you'll fuck it up for sure) If your amp still works you should congratulate kenwood for making their amp idiot proof by having protective circuitry to prevent damage from inexperienced people like you.
granted you could have wired it in a way where the final impedance is greater then 4ohms in bridged mode. But then you'll have a mono stereo and 4 speakers + 1 sub sharing 340wrms. Which is just as dumb.

What I would suggest is running the four speakers off of the deck. Now if your sub is 4ohms or 2ohms DVC you can use that amp to power the sub in bridged mode.

edit* holy grammar problems..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.