A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

JWT cams characteristics

QR25DE 
3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JSpecV03 
#1 ·
i know alot of people are using these and i tried looking for sound clips on youtube to see if mine sound like theres but mine have a decent cam lope at idle. are they supposed to be like this or should they be alot quiter?

when i give it like half throttle depending what gear im in also my afrs shoot right to 10. pig rich. im still using the old tune. should i go back to the stock tune until i get retuned? just wandering, and wanted to see what you guys say/think
thanks

#10 ·
yeah i mean itns nothing crazy like evo 4g63 272 turbo cams or anything but you can def tell theres cams in there. my timing is right on the money. i checked it today after work. but i even knew before that cuz the other morning after i started it when it was cold outside. the engine goes to open loop for a few mins when its cold out to help heat up the o2 sensors. well once it reaches op temp. the idle backs down the stock 700rpm with plus or minus 50 rpms. alot of people seem to raise their idle when using cams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.