A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

FS: B15 Crossmember Aluminum & Delrin Bushing combo

46K views 236 replies 48 participants last post by  UNISA JECS 
#1 · (Edited)
Reviews:

Just received mine today and installed them. This is exactly what I've been in need of. There is no extra vibrations after installing these. Something like this should have been present from the factory. Super smooth shifts from now on!

Thanks again Charlie.

I got my cross member bushings and installed them this weekend. I am extremely happy with the results! The OEM bushings were so worn out that I am now experiencing less rattles and vibrations, even with solid motor mounts. Shifting is 10 times smoother and I do not have to work the shifter to get it into gear anymore. It just shifts so nice now!

This improvement is on top of already having installed FI-R shifter bushings. The combination of shifter and cross member bushing upgrades have made my car shift like it should have from the factory - Smooth and precise! Keep up the good work Charlie!

Got mine in on sunday, my oem bushings were dry rotted, so these were a nice improvement, the annoying noise (slight clunking) it made on gas less clutch let outs (like @ stop n go traffic) is gone. wheel spin feels smoother too (helped the very slight wheel hop i had left)

all in all its a great product, Thanks Charlie
To help aide in eliminating wheelhop. You will also noticed a marked improvement in shifter feel as your engine will no longer rock back and forth during up and down shifts. A slight increase in vibration but nothing bad at all in my opinion. Launching and shifting feel so much better and controled and percise. One of the best mods I have done to my car persoanlly.

There is simply no comparison to these vs stock ones, these will eliminate all slop from front to rear from shifting accelerating and braking and side to side from cornering.

Price $135 shipped/paypal/insured

They look like this installed except the final versions are aluminum & delrin, the aluminum piece would go on the underside closest to teh ground.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice to see someone else making these besides FI-R. I have a similar product and its awesome. Really complements mmis or solid mounts well.

#6 ·
can these be used with the Nismo LTB? I had the $7.50 wheel hop aid and they dropped my crossmember down too low so the LTB wouldn't install until I removed them.

#8 ·
It should, the crossmember is located just like stock, I didn't design it to drop or lower the crossmember posistion.

Depending on what you did, sounds like you added to many washers and altered the actual location of the crossmember with your $7.50 crossmember mod.

There is more to these bushings than meets the eye, they will elminate up and down, front to back an side to side play to within ~.010". Just stacking washers will never do this.

Mines also have a reflief cut into the bottom of the aluminum bushings so that they can achieve an even tighter clearance rather than just boreing one large whole making it more sloppy.

#11 ·
will these e available for a while?

will need a set in 2 weeks

#15 ·
Those bushings look sweet! I definitely want a set for my spec. When I installed some Prothane MMs my OE cross member bushings were shot!
Just let me know and i'll give you my paypal. Even brand new the stock crossmember bushings are not up to teh task when you have upgraded MM's.

#17 ·
i have the pvc ones, and they are actuallly nice that there that thick, it pulls the motor down and makes so the mounts arent lose and have a constant solid feel
id think about making a set similar to that IMO
awesome buy for anybody who doesnt have them

#18 · (Edited)
There is only one correct way to make these crossmember bushings the correct way, anyother way it just well another way to alter something that has no reason being altered as far as positioning goes. If you have an issue with your motors mounts being loose for whatever reason id search for better motor mounts, just saying.

There is a reason they are made the way I made them and it has alot to do with safety and reliability. You wouldn't want to design these so that you have extra threads exposed just because you wanted to lower your crossmember, you can sheer off the bolt that way, these bolts are designed to kiss the subframe in the rear and the radiator support in the front, by them kissing these parts alot of strenghed is given to these bolts.

#22 ·
This is one reason I don't alter the stock location here below quoted from page 1:

The ones I have are made of the delrin also but its almost 3/8 thick and that was enough to drop my crossmember so my LTB was not able to bolt on. I do like your design quite a bit better and may be picking up a set in the near future. thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Thats huge, 3/8" would alter the stock location a good amount I'll tell you that much, mines are around half that thick.

#24 ·
thats true, i dont have anything clearence wise

and yes i was reffering to the other members bushings
he designed them not as a stock replacement, but to put a little stress on the motor mounts so there is no free play and it gets rid of wheel hop

#25 ·
that's just it. These replacement washers ^^^ may come off to be great, but they really are not sufficient.

Sure, they will last a lifetime longer than the stock bushings and act as a nice pad, but there is one very important factor missing in placing this type of washer there.

The billet aluminum insert present in the FI-R and this users setup is key. This piece allows no FREE play in the crossmember (back to front, side to side) in light shifting or under hard shifting. I actually noticed more of this after installing both the $7.50 and $10.00 washers. The stock washers are garbage yes, but they also allow a bit of rubber padding to fit in between the bolt and member (allowing comfortable movement under shifting compared to zero in the white washers). When installing the $7.50/$10.00 washers you eliminate this padding allowing the member to move inadequately when shifting.

The billet aluminum insert allows no play of the member because it fills in the space between the bolt and member allowing perfect shifts. For example, with my current washers I have to baby releasing my clutch to not feel the entire car move back and forth. I'll give updates after I install these.

#36 ·
First know this, there is no one "single" modification that exist that can eliminate wheel hop period.

Ok now we know and accept this because its true.

Things that aide in eliminating wheel hop or lessening the chances greatly are

1) stiffer engine mounts

2) stiffer crossmember mounts

3) better shock dampers

4) stiffer lower control arm bushings

5) stiffer upper shock mount bushings (these will allow the damper to do it job more instantly without having to wait for the soft stock rubber upper shock mounts to compress before the motion of the coil springs can be transfered to that of the shock damper in order so it can begin dampening the coils energy)

This is why pillow ball mounts are good.

Other things that well have an influense on wheel hop when they are worn or outta spec

6) Wheel balance

7) Ball joints

8) Subframe bushings if you car is equiped with them

All these things will contribute to wheel hop

To answer yoru questions yes these bushings will effectively eliminate movement of your crossmember passing on the job to the next engine movement eliminator the engine and transmission mounts.

Its an around the world game and until you do it all chances are you will encounter wheel hop again after other supporting pieces of support and suspension fail but then thats a good excuse for upgrades.

#37 ·
yea i understand that, i have 0 wheel hop but i do notice the crossmember movement
i have all solid motor mounts
torque dampner
the whell hop washers
and a full nismo bushing kit

#42 ·
Just received mine today and installed them. This is exactly what I've been in need of. There is no extra vibrations after installing these. Something like this should have been present from the factory. Super smooth shifts from now on!

Thanks again Charlie.
Good to hear, that was my impression as well, thanks for the quick install and review and your welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.