A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

P0300 And P0302

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JSpecV03 
#1 ·
Ok well here goes, lately my car has been randomly missing. it would do it for a few minutes then stop. later sometimes during the same day do it again after starting the car after its been sitting for extended perioids of time. I ran the code and got a cyl 1 miss. swapped out coil 1 with 2 and vice versa. miss fire travled to cyl 2 as i hoped. so i aquired another coil pack and installed that today. now car misses at idle, and as soon as you give it some gas, it fires on all cylinders. and ive been getting codes p0300 and p0302. no cels for the miss at idle. after installed the coil in cyl 2, the first drive i took in it it would miss and come back then miss and then come back to all 4 at random. i think thats where my random miss code is coming from. then that problem leaned away to only missing at idle.
things about the car, the head gasket was just done a few months ago. the car is using jwt cams and the car is untuned using the stock throttle body.
the coolant pressure is known to be good
the fuel pressure is known to be good as well.
compression before repairing HG was decent for a car with 182k. no numbers outa the 14psi threshold.
the plugs are ngk iridium, one step colder, aixf6 or whatever the universal part number is.
ign timing seems to be on point.
up and down stream o2's are working
maf voltage seems normal.
i have access to snap on modis at work, but havent hooked up the lab scope to the car yet.
anything im forgetting or have any ideas to whats causing this?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I am to a point. Still leanring a lot since I starting working at honda as a tech. But I can read all those sensors on my mac task plus scanner but for this I need more advanced stuff. But I'm gonna check this with my buddy at work gonna graph the ijnector, ign, cam and crank sensors all at once and see what's going on.

#7 ·
nah its an after market. currently im using 2 after market coils, from 2 differant after market brands. 1 on cyl 2 and 1 on cyl 4. never any issues with anything from coil or cyl 4.
wednesday im gonna work on this after work, ill try to get the screen shot image from the modis and post it up.

#11 ·
i ran the lab scope on the car yesterday, noticed cylinders 2 and 4 had very high abnormal readings. the car uses a ramp-hold-fire squence for firing the spark plug. cyl's 2 and 4 had horrible turn offs when colapsing the feild. so basically the transistors in the coils are shitty. i also noticed the crank sensor dropping out a little. so ill have to dive into that at a later date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.