A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Howd you replace the shift console light?

15K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  936B15 
#1 ·
My shift console light on my '04 1.8s automatic went out. Any quick how to's to replace that light? Pls Dont tell me i have to goto the dealer and buy a $40 proprietary bulb.

Thanks All,

#2 ·
#4 ·
And you couldn't find the bulb? Hmm, idk the bulb should be there on the shifter assembly. If ya can't find it then idk. The answer is out there I'm sure, just don't remember where I read it. Sorry man wasn't trying to be a dick, normally people mention if they have searched or not there's a lot of search nazi's on here lol!

#6 ·
Sorry I'm not much help, don't need lights for a 6 speed lol. But seriously see if you can pop that trim piece up and see it.

#8 · (Edited)
Try this thread from another site post #8 this is what I was suggestion you try.
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118789

Or here's another Write up from the Internet:

How do you replace the illumination light on the gear shift of a 2005 Nissan sentra?
Answer:
Just did this to our 2005 Sentra. You have to remove the entire center console: 2 screws up front (one on driver's side and one on pass side), 1 top middle (under small cover just in front of brake handle), and 2 in the rear (you have to remove the drink holder "cover" to get at them). Disconnect the 2 electrical connections for the cigarette lighters and remove the console. Now, the gear shift indicator "box" can be snapped off its locator posts, and underneath you will find the bulb holder. The shift indicator "box" can be lifted just enough to be able to twist and remove the bulb holder. The lamp can then be pulled straight out of the bulb holder.

Repeat the process in reverse order to put it back together.

#9 · (Edited)
iv done this already. the bulb socket should be in the little black box under the PRND21.... pretty simple.. i just removed the shifter surround aka the cup holders and bam pulled the silver piece up(shift indicator box? lol), black box was clipped to the bottom of it found the wire for the bulb took the bulb out put new one in buttoned everything back up and done.

#11 ·
Glad it helped, I do my best to help all:D

#13 ·
Id say yes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.