A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Hood Vents / Louvers

36K views 140 replies 21 participants last post by  06calispecv 
#1 ·
Just looking around again for some new ideas and I found something I like!
Look at these...
Strap Belt Fashion accessory
Vehicle Bumper Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior Car

I think I'm getting them and mounting them across my hood like so... on each side (2"x22")
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Ford motor company Bumper

Into the taped areas... passenger side actual example size (center rectangle)
to be functional there will be some hole saw drilling :)
I've already got these push button hood pins coming as well so lining them up in front would be in order... (1.25" round)
Font Fastener Auto part

All aluminum to match my rad and other bits of aluminum around the car...
Vehicle Car Auto part Hood Engine
(ECM delete by me)
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Family car
(Vent deletes by ROB5625)

ANyway.... has anybody done louvers on a B15 yet??
I'd like to see some more options :)

or maybe I should just buy a Jeep ;)

Hey these are cheap too check it out... :shhh:
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=LVR1014

See less See more
#31 ·
I just found it funny that they put that hood scoop on for the intercooler, and found out the scoop was venting rather than scooping.

I think under pan is important to lower turbulence, but my car is friggen low, so there isnt going to be much, plus I have a PU lip to install... I'm going to close up the bottom of the front bumper cover, and add a top air diversion panel to ensure good pressure through the rad. Then the hood vents as done on the orange spec are well positioned to vent pressure out, but an additional vent... one near the windshield will allow air to flow into the compartment and cool the rear of the engine as well... (I'm thinking VQ header heat in back). Maybe I read it wrong.. ha ha... better read it again... the three piece jeep louvers are sounding better....

#34 ·
Yes!

There is this bit... "So you wouldn’t site a bonnet outlet vent close to the windscreen" and "the greatest difference between the underbonnet and overbonnet pressures is at the very leading edge of the bonnet,where it is 0.6 inches of water.(However,it’s very hard to site a vent here and moving backwards a little to the front third of the bonnet still gives 0.4 inches of water pressure difference.)"

I had it wrong a bit too... front third of hood is the key area to vent.
I was thinking drawing air in at the back is good, but probally wanna close the hood 100%

#35 ·
So the spacers lifting the rear of the hood is bad? It should have some effect since it changes the dynamics of the pressure area being elevated over the windshield, which the article didn't really go into.

So I will probably just do the lower two then and leave the upper one intact, giving me openings on the lower 2/3s of the hood.

#36 ·
So I didn't read all of that article, but are they implying it would be better to vent the front of the hood instead of the rear?

#41 ·
I think we'll find out soon... Lol. But venting more toward the front of the hood is very possible with it.
I think it will almost make the hood look like it came like this from the factory.

#48 ·
My solution will have a similar effect as Charlies, and the look wont be far off I think. I feel we may have a winner...

#56 ·
Got the first few holes cut. I'm going to need to prep and sand this thing and send it off to be paint professionally, but its going to look badass. Don't think I'm going to follow the pattern of the under hood brace. It kinda curves back up and would look better slopping into a triangle matching the line of the hood. Here's a quick peak....

And from the side with the hood spacers.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.