A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

02 Red Spec V with JDM QR20DE swap. hows it going

24K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  SOUND2NR 
#1 ·
New to the site, hpws it going

#5 ·
yea,you cant get it in the US, I just bought it bout a week ago so IDK what ECU im using im guessing the ssame one on the Qr25. The dude that had it before me rode around with the idle running aalmost 2000,i had to do the idle relearn thing lol

#31 ·
I will have to disagree there my friend, my friend just had a QR20 swap since the mech lied to him and bought one cheap of EBay instead of getting another QR25, the lower end tq is missing and it lags quite much on top...there IS a power difference, of about 20hp...plus not Hyundia Tiburon 2.0's will be able to race you...i know since He used to smoke a friend's tibby, and now its not the case.

#8 ·
.... i smell.............. i dunno
welcome i guess? pics

#10 ·
Lol, no one is gonna believe this without pictures of the engine bay.
Welcome.

#14 ·
Why would no one believe this without pics? The only difference you will see visually is the intake manifold...and thats if he didnt just use the spec v's im.

Reactions: Pfbspecv
#22 ·
o snap pics of engine bay

#24 ·
Guys.. externally, it looks identical to the QR25, except for the intake manifold.

Reactions: ThemDamnStingrays
#32 ·
I like that you have a QR20 btw....they sell them on Ebay. My friend has one in his 02 Spec V. After driving it, then going to mine (I know I know I'm turbo'd...BUT I drive plenty of other QR25's), the top end is not there so much. You can just turbo that QR20! :) If I'm not mistaken alot of QR25 guys try to place QR20 pistons in for better compression...SO you have that at least.

#35 ·
Does it at least get better MPGS? Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.