A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

evo oil pressure gauge reading low ?

5K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  tacoerick 
#1 ·
Got an evo oil pressure gauge , it reads 17-18 psi at idle which is 1000rpm , seems kinda low , earlier in the day when it was idling it read 70psi . The oil pump might be 10,000 miles old at the most sat for one year , the oil pressure is brand new its a pro sport evo . Also I am running breaking oil . Either my oil pressure sending unit is deffective or my oil pump is shot , engine was just rebuilt with brand new bearings , rings etc . BTW the oil pressure does goes up it says 40psi at 2000rpm when cruising??

Product Tire Motor oil Automotive tire Water

See less See more
#5 ·
I have the same gauge. Once fully warmed up at idle which is about 800 for me I'm at the 16psi range

Reactions: tacoerick
#9 ·
I have 3 prosport gauges. I don't seem to have any trouble from them

#13 · (Edited)
I've only bought and installed one ProSport gauge, it was just inaccurate by a few psi. Interwebs searching showed that this is a common occurrence (at least their boost gauges). My mechanical Autometer was cheaper, responds faster, was made in the US, and cost less (although I don't have a way to compare accuracy).

#11 ·
Yes if the pickup is not submerged causing starvation but I don't think that is your situation. Like I said go get yhe pressure tested by a tester to really know if what the gauge says is accurate or not. Remember that pressure is regulated by what you have. Clearances on the bearings can cause higher or lower readings. Viscousity and temperature can do it too.

I have nothing against prosport. I just see them break more often than not. Plus autometers are made here iirc.

#18 ·
My engine is brand new , clearances should be good i assume , engine was built by the best engine builder in the area , was recommended by many, broken oil pump??? idk we ll see , ima top the oil off tomorrow and check for oil leaks, and will wiggle some wires on the pressure sender . I know on my boost prosport evo gauge sometimes it will show i am under boost, when i am just idling .....and sometimes it doesnt even read..wtf

#12 ·
Im sitting half way on the stick which is about half quart low. I never notice a pressure difference so I would have to say no. There was someone one here who did a test and found there pro sport oil pressure gauge a couple psi on the low side. I have noticed that I have have lower presuure with 5w30 but I tend to run 5w40

#14 ·
I have a mechanical prosport boost gauge. Seems to be good. Never tried to test if its off. Just wanted to have all the same gauges and they look cool

#16 ·
I also have the evo wideband as well. Like it way better then my old aem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.