A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Clutch noise

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  rob5625 
#1 ·
I have a bit of a problem. Before I installed the clutch and flywheel there used to be a ticking sound when the clutch was NOT pressed in, and it would go away when I pressed it in. So when we were installing the clutch yesterday we noticed the throwout bearing was all messed up, replaced the bearing, clutch kit, and flywheel. now the noise is gone when the clutch is NOT pressed in, however the noise is still very much there when I press the clutch IN now. What could this be??

#2 ·
Curious to see some answers to this, i installed my 2j stage 2 clutch and fly wheel with an OEM throw out bearing, and just recently I hear a noise similar to what your explaining. It goes away when I press the clutch in. I doubt it's my bearing since it's not a couple months old.

#4 ·
I would drive it a month and report back. Let it break in and see if the noise persists.

#6 ·
Did you adjust the clutch pedal? You're supposed to turn the nut on the clutch master cylinder like 2 or 3 turns. Thats if you got the 2J flywheel and clutch.

#7 ·
It shouldn't be hard to shift though. Sounds like something with the fork could be messed up

#9 ·
Did you adjust the travel on the pedal with the nut on the clutch master cylinder? Get under the dash and push the cotter pin out then push the metal pin out and turn nut 2 to 3 turns outwards then reinstall.

#14 ·
Ever since I put my jwt clutch/flywheel in its had a squeeky ticking sound when the pedal isnt depressed. Definitely comming from the fork area. Used a new oem release bearing and later was told by a transmission shop that aftermarket pressure plates dont always match oem release bearings perfectly at the contact point when In the relaxed position and can cause noise. They suggested getting the release bearing that matches the pressure plate but we dont have that option as far as I know.

Anyways its been many years and many presses with no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.