A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Do these spark plugs look ok?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SaicoSER 
#1 ·
First someone needs to tell me how to upload a damn picture from an iPhone.

#5 ·
Ive seen worse

My opinion get new plugs...go with ngk iridium there the tits

#6 ·
it over heated because radiator cap blew off but got all that fixed. Ever since it took longer to start up and wasn't like a nice start up, so I did a compression test, and I think I screwed up the compression test and when I put oil in the cylinder to do a wet test I think I put too much. After starting it lost of white smoke (oil burning) and really doesn't start nice at all sometimes now. I have another set of new spark plugs but I was about to go look at the old ones and see if I gunked them up or something.

Allblackspecv im pretty sure those are what I have.

#11 ·
im pretty sure those are what I have.
They should have a nice pretty tip on them yours look almost worn away

Keep at it and always do plenty of research beforehand so not to give yourself double work in the future

As far as taking longer to start its prob the plugs, post up if the plugs help to smooth it out

#8 ·
Yeah i'm going too. But I don't think I did everything I should have done when doing the compression test. Is there a nice list of things to do before I actually do the test. I let the engine sit for about 45 mins after I just got done driving it before I did the test, maybe I should have start the test right away and did it on a warmer engine? Also I didn't do anything with the fuel, so I think as I was cranking it doing the test was I pumping fuel into my cylinders?

#13 ·
Ok yes spark plugs fixed the start up issue. Haven't had a problem since. I put the new ones in thursday and today i'm not feeling to well but i was gonna pull them back out to check on them about the oil. But most likely not today maybe tomorrow, i will update when i pull them to see if there is that much oil on them or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.