QR25DE 2JR Medusa Street Header - Page 77
B15U.com - A Nissan Sentra Forum
Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1565
    Rides
    Drives
    03 Silver Spec-V

What fan setup do u have? If its the twin fan with shroud over the oem radiator, sealing it with weatherstrip will solve that issue.
    03 Pearl White (Vinyl Wrapped) Spec-V : 2J-Racing Intake Plenum with TB Spacer / Nismo CAI / 2J-R Medusa Street Header Powder-coated Black/ Stromung 2.25" Cat-Back / ES MMI / DIY STS / T-X Shifter Bushings / BS Cut / 10mm ALK / Retrofit Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors / 2J-Racing Yellow Fogs
    Kicker zx750.1 tuned to 960 Watts / Alpine 12" Type-R Sub / JVC KD-R610 / Stock RF Interior Speakers and Amp

2. Remove Advertisements
    B15U.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member nexayyy lmao
    Rides
    Drives
    Orange Thingy - '04 Volcanic Orange Spec V

I need to reseat my fan shroud, lol. doesn't sit completely flush against the rad but I'm sure if I push it down a lil more it'll sit perfectly fine against the rad

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Wishlist as of 2 Feb 2017

LONG-TERM Wishlist as of 2 Feb 2017

Build Thread - Orange Thingy

Drives
    Loud '06 Black Spec V

Old antifreeze maybe? You should get the mishy rad and shroud, no worries then
    06 Black Spec V- 2jr UpRev flashed ECU, 2jr CAI, 2jr Plenum w/2jr 76mm spacer, 2jr Medusa header, 2jr Mid-pipe w/cat, 2jr V2 3'' Side Exit exhaust, Eibach Pro kit on KYB struts and mounts, 17x7.5 Rota Grids on 215/45 Conti dws tires, 2jr stage 2 clutch w/14lb aluminum flywheel, Mishimoto Aluminum Rad w/ Mishi dual fan shroud Brembo calipers w/drilled and slotted disks, 2jr Crank and PS pulley, 2jr 15mm ALK, B/S chain cut, 2jr Steering rack bushing, Rob's crossmember bushings, A/F ratio volt and water temp gauges, solid stainless weighted shift knob, 6.5'' Alpines all around with Alpine sub, amp and headunit

5. Remove Advertisements
    B15U.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Lenny
    Rides
    Drives
    05 SE-R + 2010 Genesis 3.8 sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2SpecV View Post
    Overheating?
    When at idle?
    Quote Originally Posted by djarmag View Post
    What fan setup do u have? If its the twin fan with shroud over the oem radiator, sealing it with weatherstrip will solve that issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by allblackspecv View Post
    Old antifreeze maybe? You should get the mishy rad and shroud, no worries then
    Overheating at idle with the fan(inside the car)blowing....I have the Koyo radiator with the Mishy twin fan shroud....couldn't be old antifreeze, just had my front end rebuilt with above said parts...
    ~05 Sentra SE-R~/03 Front End Facelift/Nismo CAI/Koyo radiator/Mishimoto dual fan shroud/2jR BRS/2jR Medusa header/2jR 2.5in midpipe w/Magnaflow hi flow cat/custom 2.5in Magnaflow catback/JimWolfTech BSR kit/ES MMI's/2jR lightweight pulley/+2 timing advance via Consult II/D2 coilovers/2jR LCA's/16in Drag DR-31 rims/Goodridge SS brakelines/ R1 Concepts cross drilled rotors/ceramic pads/205/50/16 Dunlop Direzza/06 SpecV front seats/Depo tailights(tinted red)/2jR 03 Yellow fog lights+fog light mod/Sony MEX BT4100P bluetooth deck/840 watt DHD amp/Kicker Comp 12 sub+ ported box/Cobra radar detector...more to be installed

Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

Default 2JR Medusa Street Header

Quote Originally Posted by snoopSER View Post
    Overheating at idle with the fan(inside the car)blowing....I have the Koyo radiator with the Mishy twin fan shroud....couldn't be old antifreeze, just had my front end rebuilt with above said parts...
    Well I was experiencing the same thing when I had my Medusa installed due to the added heat of the bigger header. Went up to 230F. Was running 2Js fans with no shroud.
    Now even though both my thermostats were brand new from when I replaced my HG, like 1K miles, I replaced them both with 170F thermostats and bought new dual Spal fans.
    That fixed my issue, so I'd start by replacing the thermostats and coolant.

Also, you probably know this, but just in case; don't drive the Spec if it's overheating, HGs go very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Lenny
    Rides
    Drives

Well I was experiencing the same thing when I had my Medusa installed due to the added heat of the bigger header. Went up to 230F. Was running 2Js fans with no shroud.
    Now even though both my thermostats were brand new from when I replaced my HG, like 1K miles, I replaced them both with 170F thermostats and bought new dual Spal fans.
    That fixed my issue, so I'd start by replacing the thermostats and coolant.

Also, you probably know this, but just in case; don't drive the Spec if it's overheating, HGs go very easy.

I was thinking its the thermostats...you gotta link to those?? I've researched the SR20/Chevy thermo combo & also noticed 2jRacing has the mishi ones but I've been forewarned about not using them-thanks
    ~05 Sentra SE-R~/03 Front End Facelift/Nismo CAI/Koyo radiator/Mishimoto dual fan shroud/2jR BRS/2jR Medusa header/2jR 2.5in midpipe w/Magnaflow hi flow cat/custom 2.5in Magnaflow catback/JimWolfTech BSR kit/ES MMI's/2jR lightweight pulley/+2 timing advance via Consult II/D2 coilovers/2jR LCA's/16in Drag DR-31 rims/Goodridge SS brakelines/ R1 Concepts cross drilled rotors/ceramic pads/205/50/16 Dunlop Direzza/06 SpecV front seats/Depo tailights(tinted red)/2jR 03 Yellow fog lights+fog light mod/Sony MEX BT4100P bluetooth deck/840 watt DHD amp/Kicker Comp 12 sub+ ported box/Cobra radar detector...more to be installed

Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

I was thinking its the thermostats...you gotta link to those?? I've researched the SR20/Chevy thermo combo & also noticed 2jRacing has the mishi ones but I've been forewarned about not using them-thanks
    Yeah here's a link:
    http://www.b15u.com/threads/7444-The...-temp-solution

Drives
    2004 SER Specv

Interesting link. I have had no problems with temps even in 100* with 80%+ humidity. No ac going though. Low side line leaked out months ago way before the Madusa install.
    ~~~ 2004 Molten Silver SpecV ~~~ 2J CAI ~ 2J Plenum ~ 2J Madusa Header ~ 2J 2.5" Midpipe ~ 2.5" Stromung Catback ~ Uprev Tuned ~ BC Coils on 7k Springs ~ 2J Superpro and RCK Lower Control Arms ~ 2J 15mm ALK ~ 2J Delrin Motor Mounts and Crossmember Bushings ~ 2J Crank Pulley ~ 300zx Front Brakes, Hawk Pads/Slotted Rotors ~ Rear StopTech Pads/Slotted Rotors ~ XXR 962's on Continental DS's ~ 2J Rear Sway Bar ~ 2J Trailing Arm Bushings ~ Nismo Shift Knob ~ 2J Turcite Shifter Bushings ~ 6.5" Polk Audio's ~ Plastidip ~ Miscellaneous Goodies ~
    ~~ In The Works ~~ OEM Carbon Fiber Hood ~ Rota P45f's ~ Fully Built with Boost Project Motor in Progress ~ A Dream Come True... ~

Rides
    Drives
    03 Silver Spec-V

I used http://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-2...trips/50235609 to seal the shroud to the radiator since there was a gap. I also sealed the fans to the shroud because there was a gap as well. When putting my hand between the header and fans, I noticed a huge difference as the air was much cooler compared to before and it's been almost 100 degrees F here lately. I was so glad it was $7.50 fix + 1 hr time as opposed to $200 SPAL fans and other parts. My car hasn't overheated since the fix and my AC has been running great. Good luck!
    03 Pearl White (Vinyl Wrapped) Spec-V : 2J-Racing Intake Plenum with TB Spacer / Nismo CAI / 2J-R Medusa Street Header Powder-coated Black/ Stromung 2.25" Cat-Back / ES MMI / DIY STS / T-X Shifter Bushings / BS Cut / 10mm ALK / Retrofit Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors / 2J-Racing Yellow Fogs
    Kicker zx750.1 tuned to 960 Watts / Alpine 12" Type-R Sub / JVC KD-R610 / Stock RF Interior Speakers and Amp

Newbie Matt
    Drives
    '06 Spec-V

So funny story. I finally got around to trying to find my exhaust leak. I purchased 2 oem exhaust gaskets, and an oem exhaust donut. Put off doing it since mid July, been driving the work vehicle and being lazy with the heat and having to work outside in a gravel driveway.

Finally got the car up pulled the midpipe and discovered the downstream o2 bung in the midpipe was not capped. Amazing how bad of an exhaust leak that can be. Torqued a plug in it super tight, bolted it back up and sure enough sounds like pure sex.

Drives
    2004 SER Specv

lol how did you miss that!?
    ~~~ 2004 Molten Silver SpecV ~~~ 2J CAI ~ 2J Plenum ~ 2J Madusa Header ~ 2J 2.5" Midpipe ~ 2.5" Stromung Catback ~ Uprev Tuned ~ BC Coils on 7k Springs ~ 2J Superpro and RCK Lower Control Arms ~ 2J 15mm ALK ~ 2J Delrin Motor Mounts and Crossmember Bushings ~ 2J Crank Pulley ~ 300zx Front Brakes, Hawk Pads/Slotted Rotors ~ Rear StopTech Pads/Slotted Rotors ~ XXR 962's on Continental DS's ~ 2J Rear Sway Bar ~ 2J Trailing Arm Bushings ~ Nismo Shift Knob ~ 2J Turcite Shifter Bushings ~ 6.5" Polk Audio's ~ Plastidip ~ Miscellaneous Goodies ~
    ~~ In The Works ~~ OEM Carbon Fiber Hood ~ Rota P45f's ~ Fully Built with Boost Project Motor in Progress ~ A Dream Come True... ~

Senior Member Barry
    Rides
    Drives
    2004 spec v hybrid 2jr turbo qr

though i don't have a medusa

i am an old pro at over heating
    vq, na engines, and even the new turbo for awhile

lets go directly to the solution
    thank you djarmag
    "seal the shroud to the radiator "
    "seal the fans to the shroud"

and Joe added a separate fan controller
    [t-stat mods already done, and mishimoto rad long ago]
    DSCN1482 by Barry, on Flickr

works even in very tight hot under-hood conditions
    DSCN1145 by Barry, on Flickr
    DSCN1145 by Barry, on Flickr
    DSCN1138 by Barry, on Flickr

imo

Senior Member Lenny
    Rides
    Drives

Thread bump: Finally got everything straightened out, fans blowing cool air & the leak is gone. My first observation on the "Butt Dyno" is a minimal jump in lower torque in the lower RPM range, where I felt more power was in the upper range where usually the QR seems to get flat...it just keeps pulling. I have a B16 plenum waiting to match up with the 2j kit, & I'm thinking about the 2j street cams to go with it. The Medusa CB sounds like it would be perfect with the header midpipe combo as well, as I feel the car still needs more air to breathe.... Decisions, Decisions.

Senior Member Jeff
    Rides
    Drives
    2001 Sentra SE

Get as much air in as you can. So, intake, plenum, whatever first.

Senior Member Lenny
    Rides
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by mirrortints View Post
    Get as much air in as you can. So, intake, plenum, whatever first.
    I've had a Nismo intake on my car for years but it feels like the car wants more air. Maybe the 2.5 exhaust isn't allowing Medusa enough air to scavenge for, so plenum, cams & a bigger exhaust should help.

Senior Member Jeff
    Rides
    Drives
    2001 Sentra SE

Port the runners like crazy, along with the stock plenum and then cams.

Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

I've had a Nismo intake on my car for years but it feels like the car wants more air. Maybe the 2.5 exhaust isn't allowing Medusa enough air to scavenge for, so plenum, cams & a bigger exhaust should help.
    I have a 2JR CAI for sale if your interested in some more flow.

Who has a medusa header for sale?

Senior Member Lenny
    Rides
    Drives

I have a 2JR CAI for sale if your interested in some more flow.
    Thanks but I'm sticking with my Nismo... Aren't you gonna use it for the turbo kit anyway??

Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

Thanks but I'm sticking with my Nismo... Aren't you gonna use it for the turbo kit anyway??
    I wanted too,
    But Treadstone decided to make there own and have everything powder coated wrinkle black.

Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879 LastLast