Spec V Boosted on bone stock internals - Page 12
B15U.com - A Nissan Sentra Forum
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

Default Spec V Boosted on bone stock internals

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSpecB15 View Post
    Mine is precision. Says it on the compressor housing. I imagine 2k2's is the same.

Idk about the supposed hybrids.

If the #s are somewhere easy to see then 2k2 or I could compare ours.

This is the only picture I have uninstalled, mines is authentic Precision sealed in box.

Can take a picture of the compressor wheel if necessary?
    Last edited by 2k2SpecV; 02-09-2017 at 02:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    B15U.com
    Advertisements

Rides
    Drives
    Turbo 04 SpecV, VQ 04 SpecV, 1975 Datsun b210 Sedan "Sunny", 2015 Titan SV King Cab

Not noticing any numbers in pictures of the center of my turbo. Probably not going to take it apart if that's what's needed to compare numbers. Was hoping it was easier than that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
    Were you talking about total cars or total value/cost/price?
    Either way, I can give anyone a good run for their money......
    BOOSTEDFebruary 2016 @108k miles
    SUSPENSION/CHASSIS: BC 7k coilovers 27f 28r, 2j rear sway, 2j 10mm ALK, 2j Delrin crossmember bushings, 2j LCAs with MOOG ball joints and Super Pro bushings, MMIs, MOOG tie rod and sway bar end links. New OEM sway bar bracket bushings. Worth every penny!!!!!!
    TURBO/TUNE: Precision 5431, Precision 3" Intercooler, Tial 38mm wastegate open dump 8.7 spring, HKS BOV, DIY 2.5" hot side, 3" DIY to 2j CAI cold side. Uprev on 04 ECU tuned by Joe via email and datalogs until I can make it to a dyno tune. INNOVATE wideband, Auto Meter boost gauge, Deca 633s, 2j Fuel Pump
    Motor/Transmission: STOCK Motor lol. I mean stock. Yes it has an intact balance shaft and butterflies lol. Big Balls or Just Dumb? We'll see lol. 2j Stage 3 clutch and F1 Flywheel
    EXHAUST: Treadstone SS Turbo Manifold , 3" v-band Downpipe, 38mm open dump pipe, 3" custom v-band midpipe, random short resonator, 2j 3" dual tip cat back with deleted resonator.
    Brakes/Wheels/Tires: Wilwood 6 piston front brakes & Brembo option rear setup. NISMO Wheels. Bridgestone RE-71r tires in 225/45/17
    Miscellaneous: 2j short shift and Turcite shifter bushings. Wow!!!!! Buy Them NOW!!!!!!!!
    2j 1.3bar radiator cap (just some incognito bling). Prosport dual steering column pod. Had a 2j ACB and recommend them, but removed when I went turbo
    Next?????

Original owner. Experienced isuues: Crank Angle Sensor & Rear Hubs. All stock 10yrs 95k. No longer stock. Crossed 100k early 2015

My '75 Datsun b210! Currently being swapped!!! http://www.b15u.com/threads/50401-Da...j-CA18det-Swap
    CA18det by 2j-r
    Quote Originally Posted by funguy26 View Post
    welcome back. i'm miss spelling things and driving the car harder.

Senior Member Steve
    Rides
    Drives
    Black 05 Spec V-T

Not noticing any numbers in pictures of the center of my turbo. Probably not going to take it apart if that's what's needed to compare numbers. Was hoping it was easier than that lol
    IIRC, the only thing on the compressor housing is the precision logo, and an ar number, on the turbine wheel, its just an ar number. IIRC, the center section doesnt have any markings on it

work in progress...
    [03-03-2016 05:36 PM] DaveSpecB15 : My Sentra has a QR25taf swap. It's the turbo as fuck engine. I coulda got a DE for cheap though. But my muffler bearings couldn't handle the torque. You gotta tune that shit on hopes and dreams.

5. Remove Advertisements
    B15U.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Steve
    Rides
    Drives
    Black 05 Spec V-T

Quote Originally Posted by shanover View Post
    IIRC, the only thing on the compressor housing is the precision logo, and an ar number, on the turbine wheel, its just an ar number. IIRC, the center section doesnt have any markings on it
    turbine housing, not wheel

work in progress...
    [03-03-2016 05:36 PM] DaveSpecB15 : My Sentra has a QR25taf swap. It's the turbo as fuck engine. I coulda got a DE for cheap though. But my muffler bearings couldn't handle the torque. You gotta tune that shit on hopes and dreams.

Newbie Thomas
    Drives
    Sentra Turbo daily driver

Talked to Joe and he said he would reimburse the cost of the ball bearing upgrade. He personally wasnt aware the turbo on my ride wasnt the race turbo I had paid for. So I edited this post to let everyone know Joe took care of the mistake and I appreciate it.
    Garrett journal bearing turbo
    Treadstone TR8 intercooler
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    2J Racing high power plenum
    Magnaflow exhaust
    Clutch Masters Lightened flywheel
    TDMi subframe collars
    TDMi battery tie down
    Metal dipstick

Drives
    2002 Sentra SE R Spec V

So he wasn't aware, but somehow you got an eBay bearing? Okay.

But either way, very glad to hear it worked out.

Rides
    Drives
    Turbo 04 SpecV, VQ 04 SpecV, 1975 Datsun b210 Sedan "Sunny", 2015 Titan SV King Cab

turbine housing, not wheel
    I was talking about the center section. Not the housing. But whatever. I don't think there's anything there either
    SUSPENSION/CHASSIS: BC 7k coilovers 27f 28r, 2j rear sway, 2j 10mm ALK, 2j Delrin crossmember bushings, 2j LCAs with MOOG ball joints and Super Pro bushings, MMIs, MOOG tie rod and sway bar end links. New OEM sway bar bracket bushings. Worth every penny!!!!!!
    TURBO/TUNE: Precision 5431, Precision 3" Intercooler, Tial 38mm wastegate open dump 8.7 spring, HKS BOV, DIY 2.5" hot side, 3" DIY to 2j CAI cold side. Uprev on 04 ECU tuned by Joe via email and datalogs until I can make it to a dyno tune. INNOVATE wideband, Auto Meter boost gauge, Deca 633s, 2j Fuel Pump
    Motor/Transmission: STOCK Motor lol. I mean stock. Yes it has an intact balance shaft and butterflies lol. Big Balls or Just Dumb? We'll see lol. 2j Stage 3 clutch and F1 Flywheel
    EXHAUST: Treadstone SS Turbo Manifold , 3" v-band Downpipe, 38mm open dump pipe, 3" custom v-band midpipe, random short resonator, 2j 3" dual tip cat back with deleted resonator.
    Brakes/Wheels/Tires: Wilwood 6 piston front brakes & Brembo option rear setup. NISMO Wheels. Bridgestone RE-71r tires in 225/45/17
    Miscellaneous: 2j short shift and Turcite shifter bushings. Wow!!!!! Buy Them NOW!!!!!!!!
    2j 1.3bar radiator cap (just some incognito bling). Prosport dual steering column pod. Had a 2j ACB and recommend them, but removed when I went turbo
    Next?????

Original owner. Experienced isuues: Crank Angle Sensor & Rear Hubs. All stock 10yrs 95k. No longer stock. Crossed 100k early 2015

My '75 Datsun b210! Currently being swapped!!! http://www.b15u.com/threads/50401-Da...j-CA18det-Swap
    CA18det by 2j-r

Rides
    Drives

Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    Talked to Joe and he said he would reimburse the cost of the ball bearing upgrade. He personally wasnt aware the turbo on my ride wasnt the race turbo I had paid for. So I edited this post to let everyone know Joe took care of the mistake and I appreciate it.
    Were you supposed to have the ball bearing upgrade like Shanover has?
    Last edited by DaveSpecB15; 02-09-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Newbie Thomas
    Drives

well Joe explained to me what his shop does to manufacture his turbo wheels in house....the guy at Boost Lab just called it Chinese or E-bay knock off....im not going say Joe's isnt good. It lasted a year and the whole build I got from his shop was 2k less than anywhere else and the tune is perfect....I mean perfection. I know things happen...as long as he is a man of his word everything is fair and cool
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    Magnaflow exhaust
    TDMi subframe collars
    TDMi battery tie down
    Metal dipstick

Rides
    Drives

well Joe explained to me what his shop does to manufacture his turbo wheels in house....the guy at Boost Lab just called it Chinese or E-bay knock off....im not going say Joe's isnt good. It lasted a year and the whole build I got from his shop was 2k less than anywhere else and the tune is perfect....I mean perfection. I know things happen...as long as he is a man of his word everything is fair and cool
    The housing is some bootleg housing, but that wouldn't matter. And could possibly be better. That is possible.

The center section supposedly is Precision. Supposedly. I do not know one way or the other.

The bearings and seals and all that are what you don't want to be Chinese.
    Last edited by DaveSpecB15; 02-09-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Senior Member Steve
    Rides
    Drives
    Black 05 Spec V-T

The housing is some bootleg housing, but that wouldn't matter. And could possibly be better. That is possible.

The center section supposedly is Precision. Supposedly. I do not know one way or the other.
    I confirmed with joe, he had several new center sections from precision, with precision stickers on them, and the housings were separate. thing is, they are all based on the garrett design, which was never copyrighted, so anyone can make garrett copies. precision did modify the center section from what garret designed, they put a bigger bearing housing in it. the CHRA is what makes it a precision, the housings are 'supposed' to flow better than precision, but I dont know as this has been independently tested

work in progress...

Apprentice Steven
    Drives
    02 Spec V

The bearings and seals and all that are what you don't want to be Chinese.
    Ditto.
    Supposedly precision center.
    Billet wheel.

But...its not ball bearing like I asked for.

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk
    02 Spec V-T
    2J 57 trim
    12psi
    2J Treadstone Kit
    2J Plenum,RSB,Pullies,ETC ETC

Check Out my store : QuikNightsMotorsports.com

Saikou and UltraRacing Vendor

Rides
    Drives

I imagine it's not obvious identifying a CHRA unless it has obvious markings/branding on it. Or unless it's one you're familiar with.

So I could definitely see assuming one was a knock off if it wasn't branded and/or you weren't familiar with it, and if it was sitting there with no name housings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSpecV View Post
    Ditto.
    Supposedly precision center.
    Billet wheel.

But...its not ball bearing like I asked for.

Sent From My HTC 10 via Tapatalk
    Say what?

If you paid for BB then didn't you say something if you received journal instead? (maybe you were quoting AARGH and forgot quotation marks lol )
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Rides
    Drives

I have journal bearing. Not bothered by that. BB is better and probably definitely worth the extra money. But nothing really wrong with journal bearing turbos assuming they are quality journal bearings.
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Newbie Thomas
    Drives

hahahah good one.
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    Magnaflow exhaust
    TDMi subframe collars
    TDMi battery tie down
    Metal dipstick

Newbie Thomas
    Drives

if I paid for something and didnt get it then the joke's on you son. i was a service adviser for years. I know mistakes happen but when they do you have to fix it.
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    Magnaflow exhaust
    TDMi subframe collars
    TDMi battery tie down
    Metal dipstick

Rides
    Drives

if I paid for something and didnt get it then the joke's on you son. i was a service adviser for years. I know mistakes happen but when they do you have to fix it.
    For sure! You're supposed to get what you pay for.

Glad he is covering your upgrade expense. Would been pretty shity not to have done that or at least to have compensated you some way for not getting what you paid for.
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Newbie Thomas
    Drives

yes. And Joe said that was what he would do...and I appreciate it...man I have had some jobs go sideways when I was advising for Toyota and know what it feels like to have a customer looking at you like you shot their dog. Im trying not to be that guy. I am giving 2J a chance to make it right.
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    Magnaflow exhaust
    TDMi subframe collars
    TDMi battery tie down
    Metal dipstick

Rides
    Drives

How many miles did you put on that turbo by the way? A bit over a year isn't very long.

I'll assume you had the recommended restrictor since 2j did your install.

Idk if I'll rebuild mine how it is when needed or upgrade instead. Make that decision when the time comes I guess. But assume I will most likely upgrade. Would enjoy the improved response.
    Next?????

CA18det by 2j-r

Newbie Thomas
    Drives

well, im not a turbo expert but the expert at Boost Lab said if I dont change my oil every 2k miles with full synthetic, and if the oil does not have a good flow through then in about a yr or 2 ill most likely be seeing him again.

I have the drain hose as straight as possible... and he said the restrictor isnt a good idea because his friend has a turbo b15 and goes without a restrictor and it works better - keeps center section cooler.
    and the turbo blanket is a bad idea unless you have to have it. It holds excess heat inside but he said if you can live without it then go that route.

He took my 2J turbo completely apart and showed me everything. we talked for about an hour going over maintenance
    Tial Q blowoff valve
    Tial 38mm wastegate
    Nismo coilovers
    Whiteline STB
    2J Racing 10mm antilift
    2J Racing rear antisway
    2J Racing pullies
    Magnaflow exhaust