A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

B15 Sentra SE-R / Spec-V ECU / ECM part numbers and troubleshooting

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  angelroblesrivas 
#1 ·
I just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out and cross-reference the correct ECU for my 2002 Sentra SE-R and was not able to find a comprehensive list of ECU part numbers anywhere on the net so here is what I finally came up with. Please respond with corrections as needed:

B15 ECUs
5K = 02 non nats 5sp SE-R ECU
5M = 02 nats??? AT ECU
K2 = 02 non nats 5sp SER ECU
5J = 02 non nats AT SE-R ECU
K1 = 02-03 non nats AT SER ECU
K4 = 02 nats AT SER ECU

5L = 02 non nats 6sp Spec ECU
5P = 02 nats 6sp Spec ECU

K3 = 03 non nats 6sp Spec ECU
K6 = 03 nats 6sp Spec ECU

7P = 04 non nats Spec ECU
8P = 04 nats Spec ECU

Some additional notes: My K5 ECU developed an issue where it would run fine in open-loop mode but stumbled and misfired in closed loop. I finally narrowed it down to the ECU using a cheap OBD2 reader that showed that the ECU was inflating the O2 voltages to over 1 volt which is theoretically impossible. I guess the ECU was reading a rich constant mixture and was trying to lean out the mix to get back to stoich but that just made the car run REALLY lean. If I gave it a little extra throttle for a few seconds it would eventually kick over to open-loop mode and ran great until the next time I let off the gas and it returned to closed-loop mode. I threw in a 5J ECU that I got cheap from a local salvage yard which immediately fixed the closed-loop mode but created a crazy idling issue either because it was a bad ECU or more likely because it was an AT ECU in a MT car. I found a K2 ECU on ebay that I'm hoping will solve all my issues. Here's hoping.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.