A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Scattershield Production

7K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  L8YBUG 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had built my own scattershield to meet NHRA requirements.
At the 11.49 mark, it's required to have this in place to prevent the flywheel/clutch from potentially entering the passenger compartment and injuring the driver in the event of a catastrophic failure.
So far, I've received a few requests to build one for various members. I currently have enough material to build 3-4 of them, however most are already accounted for.
Pricing will likely be about $230 shipped to the lower 48 and will include powdercoating.
If there is any further interest, here is the place to chime in as things have finally settled down and I plan to start on them soon.
I will contact the buyers prior to powdercoat to collect a small deposit via paypal just to cover powdercoating cost and reserve your rights to that specific piece.
Constructed of 1/4" stainless steel plate. Direct fitment but will require slight clearancing to a useless nub that sticks out on the head directly above the bellhousing area.
So far I have the following members awaiting production:
@armandotech
@02specv89
@04nismospecv
@raysh
@MisterNuts
@stevensspecv
@Kazspec04 @AOSpec

Auto part Engine

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle

Auto part Engine

Engine Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

See less See more
Reactions: zeno and yogi b
#3 ·
It just bolts on with the 2 top spots I see?

#4 ·
There's a 3rd mounting point directly below the starter.
All mounting tabs are TIG welded

#8 ·
I have the material but gotta take some measurements. I'll try to get going on a couple this week

#9 ·
Getting the first couple shields finished up. Refining things as I go along to ease the production process. Once fitment is verified, I'll order more material. Probably do a batch of 10 on this first run.
If you're not already on the list in the first post and would like to be, simply post up and I'll make sure you get in.

Auto part

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Vehicle door

#10 ·
When would you need full payment by?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I won't collect full payment until they're ready for shipping

#13 ·
I’ll take one as well

Reactions: L8YBUG
#14 ·
I was gonna txt you on this. Figured you might want one

#15 ·
List updated.
Officially 4 spots left for this first run as it makes most sense for me to buy material for 12 at a time

#17 ·
First production piece is finished and fitment verified.
Was able to build a jig to easily replicate and will start on the first 4 shortly.
I will be eventually opening up various fabrication products as VisionOneRacing - starting with a direct fit catch can, and down the road plan to offer turbo manifold/downpipe options so keep an eye out.

Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Metal Engine

#18 ·
First production piece is finished and fitment verified.
Was able to build a jig to easily replicate and will start on the first 4 shortly.
I will be eventually opening up various fabrication products as VisionOneRacing - starting with a direct fit catch can, and down the road plan to offer turbo manifold/downpipe options so keep an eye out.

View attachment 149809
View attachment 149817
Very nice

#22 ·
Highly doubt it will be heated. Main reason for those is to be able to drain back into the block but I'm not a big fan of that personally.
For sure it will be baffled with multiple sizable inlets. Made to bolt-in in a specific location on the b15 chassis (yet TBD where). And POSSIBLY will include either a coolant overflow or power steering reservoir as part of it.

Reactions: DaveSpecB15
#21 ·
I'm in for the catch can ;)

#26 ·
Great stuff. Love the VR1 emblem as well.

Reactions: L8YBUG
#29 ·
These will be going back into production soon.
One is accounted for already, but I will be making probably 4-5 total.

Reactions: DaveSpecB15
#31 ·
They're not SFI certified, but right in the rulebook it states "if there is nothing commercially available, you can use.... [insert specs here]"
That being said, they are made to SFI spec, but without the sticker.

Unfortunately I don't think i'll offer an uncoated price, simply because I pay one flat rate whether I bring them one shield or 10

Reactions: Tritton
#32 ·
Run #2 underway
Will have 5 available soon.

Metal Steel Tire Architecture Automotive tire

Reactions: Tritton
#33 ·
#36 ·
Bump.
I have 2 of these in stock if anyone may be interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.