A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Interchangeable parts with the B15

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  pelko 
#1 ·
What I want to accomplish is to find out what Nissan parts are there interchangeable with the B15 platform.
FuLLah and I were talking about some struts/dampers from b13 or b14 that will fit on the b15, but I looked all over and couldn't find mention of it for shoot.

So, if anyone know factually, that any other Nissan part that will fit the b15, post it here with a link or reference to your finding/post.

Example: the Maxima bell housing, b14 strut bearing, even the axle back muffler with the Gen 5 Maxima, etc..

Let's go

G
#2 ·
im not crazy....

So far the aftermarket has not been very forthcoming in developing suspension parts for the B15 2000-onward Sentra. Currently there is Eibach Prokits but that is about it so far from the mainstream aftermarket. Even though they are not a lot of parts available for the B15 now, you can bet that when the 2002 SE-R arrives, there will be lots of parts available on the aftermarket for the B15 chassis.

There is a reasonable solution though if you want a better performing suspension for your B15. The KYB AGX shocks from a B14 will bolt into your B15. Better yet is to use the front shocks from a B13 and the rear from a B14. This will give you a bit more front wheel travel. This has been confirmed by us as we obtained some B14 AGX shocks and did a test fit on a B15. The problem is that the spring seats on the shocks themselves are different so no off the shelf spring will work with this combination. That is fine because we want something a little stiffer than the standard Pro-Kit springs anyway.

The Progress coil over rear shock is also shortened for maximum travel in a lowered car. It also uses a 375 in/lb rate.
The solution is to get a GC B14 coil over spring kit with stiffer springs to accommodate the B15's higher weight. We suggest 350-in/lb front and 350-in/lbs rear. The B15 likes a stiffer rear spring than other Sentras probably due to the longer wheelbase. With a 350-lb rear spring the car rotates fairly well and understeer is considerably reduced. This will go a long way to improving the handling of your B15 Sentra. As a pluse, the ride is still pretty decent even with these fairly stiff springs.
read more..
http://www.sentra.net/tech/garage/suspension.php

#3 ·
i mean ive taken off b13, b14, and b15 struts, maybe thers something i didnt notice. wait, i even tried to put yuris old struts onto richie old b14. didnt work

we ended up using yuri old GC coilover kit on the b14 and oh it bounced like hell

G
#4 ·
maybe its just not backwards compatible. like the b14 setup will fit a b15 but a b15 setup will not fit a b15 setup.

theres a few guys on b15sentra that have run the gc/agx combo already so as far as i know, it works.

#5 ·
FuLLah said:
maybe its just not backwards compatible. like the b14 setup will fit a b15 but a b15 setup will not fit a b15 setup.

theres a few guys on b15sentra that have run the gc/agx combo already so as far as i know, it works.
hey knock yourself out but if u do get a chance to look under a b14 you will see what im talking about.

#6 ·
Cool, that's what I'm talking about. Post what you guys KNOW and what you guys have HEARD/READ.

There was another guy in the b15net that said that his friend with a Max (I'm guessing 5th Gen since the muffler section looks similar) borrowed his b15 muffler for a while for some reason and that it bolted right up...

Pretty sure there are other things, have anyone compared the rear beam from the 5th Gen Max to the B15?

When I was doing my control arms, they had a Max there, but to my luck it was coming down the lift. The rear beam "looked" almost identical.

I know I installed my radio into my wife's truck, and I know that with some (very little) fabbing I could install a Nav system from a Max, Pat, etc., onto the Sentra cause the din will hold it PERFECTLY.

#9 ·
Do you know what I would have to do to use a 97 maxima Greddy exhaust on my 03 spec? I just bought dc headers,flex removed, wide bung something with the 3rd piece attached. Honestly I've never worked on exhausts. Whats after that 3rd dc piece and would I be able to use that Greddy? Here's a pic of the muffler in question.

Auto part

dc $100
greddy $50

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.