A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

reverse lock out se-r spec-v

14K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  keolabarney 
#1 ·
did this cars have them did some research but could not come up whit anything any help thanks

#3 ·
ant it 04 05 and 06 ??

#9 ·
I have an 05 spec v and the reverse lockout is made of plastic pieces to pull a pin which breaks easily. Reverse was hard to put into gear with this and it was basically junk. Took mine out and left the trigger under the knob so it covered the metal part of the shifter. Reverse is so much easier to put into now and I reccomend taking it out!

#10 ·
i had an 02 that obv didnt have one..and my 05 does have it...i really wish they woulda put reverse to the left of first but they didnt...the lockout helps shifting into 5th soooo much. but i wish i could reduce the shift height cuz its kinda awkward when u drive other things

#12 ·
i like the wall for 5th. idk its just easier IMO

#13 ·
Yeah I agree and if you take out the lockout and put a different knob on like the nismo carbon fiber one, i think that reduces the shift height a little bit. My friends got that knob and it seemed shorter and more comfortable when I drove his :)

#14 ·
i have the blox ball...weighs 1.2lbs. i just gotta push it, and it shifts to the next gear..its quite nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.