B15U.com - A Nissan Sentra Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

Quote Originally Posted by i68k View Post
    i think you need to match the pedal to your ecu. do you have codes? what are the symptoms? it could be any 4 items causing this, first o2 sensor, pedal, maf, or tb. but your saying you already got a new tb. i know a few ppl have gotten problems with wires going to tb (green and blue connectors). make sure the wires are good.

Well one mechanic that had it said he couldn't figure out the problem because it wasn't showing any codes (he couldn't get the pedal to act up). Apparently when it's working, doesn't show codes. Not really any symptoms. It could be running fine, then all the sudden gas pedal stops working and the car comes to a stop OR as soon as you crank it, gas pedal doesn't work at all. Several people are saying I need new O2 sensors rear and front. I put a GReddy full cat-back system on it, car ran fine for almost a year with it on, then started the pedal issue.

Rides

you may need to do the pedal dance to clear the codes, or use a scanner to clear them. if you have codes like a p0507 idle too high, the ecu will try to compensate almost voiding the idle relearn, you need to see what codes you have. all the conditions are in the fsm related to the idle relearn. if your idle is bouncing, you may have another unsolved problem.
    Aztec 02 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 285k miles
    blown head gasket @153k, original clutch!
    mods: optima red, foglite mod, disabled auto a/c, dril/slot rotors, es mmi's, jwt bsr, maf w/filter, catless header, ebay n1 catback, alum radiator, love s.drives
    http://imageshack.us/a/img716/6987/wuv9.jpg

Rides

kpatt, i did suggest o2 sensor as one of the 4 problems. i was merely suggesting checking wiring and connection to mentioned sensors in case wiring is the issue, before you spend money. it doesnt hurt, while the car is off, to unplug and replug the o2, maf, tb, or pedal.

you said you have replaced the tb. to rule out pedal you could try performing the pedal dance or idle relearn correctly, if your pedal doesnt work you cant pedal dance. this would leave o2 sensor and maf. at least thats what im thinking. cause there's always vacuum leaks and wiring/connection issues.
    Aztec 02 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, 285k miles
    blown head gasket @153k, original clutch!
    mods: optima red, foglite mod, disabled auto a/c, dril/slot rotors, es mmi's, jwt bsr, maf w/filter, catless header, ebay n1 catback, alum radiator, love s.drives
    http://imageshack.us/a/img716/6987/wuv9.jpg

Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

The pedal probably isn't the issue either, because I did order a new pedal for 70 bucks from nissan and switched them out. Problem still occured eventually. I've never heard of vacuum leaks, i'm not a car junkie or anything, but i'll pass that along to the mechanic as one of the possibilities. So i have MAF, O2 sensors, or wiring issues. It has been hit in the front and put back together by a couple guys that easily could have made wiring mistakes. However, they had it for a while as a daily driver, and i had it for almost a year with no problems. Crazy how a problem like this comes out of no where. Thanks for your responses on my issue though, didn't expect to be receiving help this quick.

Senior Member michael
    Rides
    Drives
    03 spec-v T 84 chevy C10 450hp 400sbc

i did this a long time ago and it worked great, then tried to do it after going boost with a tune and flashed ECU and no matter what i do i cant get high enough voltage to get it to work
    so i found my own way, i dont know if this is good for the car but it worked great,

i warmed the car up,

let it idle then unplugged the throttle body just a partially pulled the plug off, untill the car was stuttering and about to die

then plugged it back in and let the ECU figure its shit out and ever since i have had no problems

thats just my expierence and 2 cents

im dangerous like a fire in a nursing home

OLD PEOPLE BURNING>>>OLD PEOPLE BURNING

PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!!

Rides

thanks buddy big help !

Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

Default this must be a joke..

i picked up my spec v from the latest mechanic Tuesday. Only drove it once yesterday, but today I got in it to leave and what do ya know...the car is in limp mode and won't move. So new O2 sensor and all the wires have been checked from the ECU is now on the checklist. This car has single-handedly ruined my life. Will Nissan care enough about one customer to do anything themselves about it? Like give me $5 grand that I paid for this car or maybe just give them my unfixable sentra and they let me have a 350z so they look really good and get a news story out of this? Haha I mean this is just ridiculous at this point and I'm out of ideas..

Senior Member michael
    Rides
    Drives

no dude, anything is fixable, im almost guaranteeing you have a bad ECU, or a dealer that sees it doesnt do it when you first start it and they dont want to put the time or effort into it ssso they just throw parts at it

i worked at a shop for years and as shitty as it is, a lot of places do that and we did on occasion

PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!!

Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

that's what i kept saying, anything is fixable...i know the guy that had it last and he put in several hours and even after the shop closed going through wires and testing stuff. Mass air flow, throttle position sensor, camshaft sensor, O2 sensor, wiring. A couple months ago when I picked up the car when they thought they had fixed it, was because they put a new ECM in it and test drove for them fine. When I got there to pick it up, I couldn't drive it off the lot because it started in limp mode.

Senior Member michael
    Rides
    Drives

i had the same thing happen with my last car and it was actually just a corroded wire to the MAF

PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!!!

Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

did your old car with the corroded wire go in limp mode while you were driving down the road too, or just sometimes when you crank it? The mechanic said the only error code it was showing was low voltage to the O2 sensor (brand new O2 sensor). I assume he was just looking at the wires going to the O2 sensor, not the MAF sensor. If I turn the key on 2 seconds then off for 10, 3 times, it will go back to normal, but for how long no one knows.

Apprentice reinierjames
    Rides
    Drives
    black 02 spec

that pedal relearn sequence is wrong. there is one video out there which is a home video one doing it the right way. the other videos are wrong too the one who claims its by a technician with ugly shoes lol

Newbie Keith
    Drives
    2004 Sentra SER Spec-V

Here's my error codes as of today: P0643, P1148, P0443, P0138, P0031, P2138.

The more research I do though, the more things it seems like it could be - vacuum leak, idle control valve, etc. Hopefully these codes can help you guys help me lol.

for this to work. 1 is off right? 3 is on right. there are numbers on the ignition. i left the door open to do this and the throttle learn didn't work for me so does the door have to be closed?

Thanks,

Michael

Apprentice reinierjames
    Rides
    Drives
    black 02 spec

door closed.. ok follow this video. THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO IT.. not the one that is previously put up there on this thread. trust me i did it..

2004 sentra idle relearn won't work - YouTube

Newbie Cruz
    Rides
    Drives
    2002 red nissan sentra Spec v

Hey guys am having some trouble see if u guys can help me I been having code 0507 for wail and I got new tb in July I install my self and took in Nissan to do the relearn and every thin was fine till yesterday my car went into a limp mode at the stop light and all press the pedal and it wold not go the rpm will go up but the car wold not go what do I do can u guys help me it's my daily driver I need to get to work thanks guys

Drives
    2004 Spec-V

Hi guys. I'm also having a lot of trouble getting the "pedal dance" method going. I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

I've done the steps (I think) exactly as shown in the video. The light on the dash flashes, then goes solid, and then I release the pedal and start the car. The idle immediately starts hunting again.
    Is there any feedback to know if you've done the process correctly?
    I doubt my TB is bad, as I can hear the throttle plate moving a couple of times when the key is turned to the "off" position. Other than that, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Senior Member Rico
    Drives
    Spec I-H-E

Quote Originally Posted by ignite View Post
    Hi guys. I'm also having a lot of trouble getting the "pedal dance" method going. I was wondering if anyone had any tips?

I've done the steps (I think) exactly as shown in the video. The light on the dash flashes, then goes solid, and then I release the pedal and start the car. The idle immediately starts hunting again.
    Is there any feedback to know if you've done the process correctly?
    I doubt my TB is bad, as I can hear the throttle plate moving a couple of times when the key is turned to the "off" position. Other than that, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    which video are you using? Rnagal video? use the 2.5 altima video on youtube. that one works

Drives
    2004 Spec-V

Hey there,

I'm trying the video from the first page, which I think is a 2.5 Altima. Is that the one you meant? If not, do you have a link to the video?

Senior Member Rico
    Drives
    Spec I-H-E

Quote Originally Posted by ignite View Post
    Hey there,

I'm trying the video from the first page, which I think is a 2.5 Altima. Is that the one you meant? If not, do you have a link to the video?
    yep thats the video. keep doing it maybe your not doing it right

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast