A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 98 GXE (176k) gave me some grief last week. Turned out I needed to replace the set screw for the rotor in the distributor cap. Since then, it’s just been starting a little harder until last night.

I was going down the interstate at 75. Suddenly, the engine sounded like it was running rough for about 3-5 seconds, then the engine died. I coasted to the shoulder and stopped. I still had all my electrical, but when I tried to restart it, I got only a single click. The headlights go nearly out when I turn the key, almost like ALL the juice is being pulled.

The SES light had come one a couple days ago after I fixed the distributor cap, but then it cleared itself. So I don’t have any codes to refer to.

The oil light had been flickering, but that seemed to be a sensor issue since it had just had an oil change and all was good there.

I’d also been having an intermittent issue where a battery cable was working itself loose on the terminal. But this didn’t seem to be related to that.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
When you were pulled over off the interstate, it sounded like a battery connection issue but looks like you took care of that.

Hmm, possibly a wiring issue somewhere? Some frayed wire causing shorts? Since it seems your issues appear to be electrically related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts