A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMG_20180805_125349_105.jpg
Cleaned her up and did quite a bit of unseen rust removal, also bought a 1988 supercharged MR2, so don't expect to see much modifications to this as I'll use it as a daily and not much else for now.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Welcome!

MR2 pics?

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
What's sticking out the grill?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's sticking out the grill?

Forgot to pull the hook off my tow rope, it snapped. Mr2 needs a new timing belt and about $50 worth of extra parts besides that to get running yet.

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Forgot to pull the hook off my tow rope, it snapped. Mr2 needs a new timing belt and about $50 worth of extra parts besides that to get running yet.
Okay lol. Good lucky with it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks lol, it was a lot of fun for a $700. I bought it expecting to rebuild the motor right away

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome
what's your modding plan?
I ended up selling the Nissan Sentra, I didn't want to end up spending a lot of cash on the daily if I'm gonna be restoring a 30 year old Toyota lmao. So far I plan on just getting the engine rebuilt and using my year off after I graduate to restore it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So after pulling the MR2 motor apart it seemed to have been rebuilt a few times before already which I had not been told when I bought the car. It's crank was balanced improperly and it was badly beat up. Instead of spending the money on a rebuild I bought a 45,000 mile imported 4agze motor and I'm going to swap it in after converting it to a turbo with an aftermarket ECU and some other upgrades with a goal of 300hp. It was sad to see the old '01 Sentra go back then but I leave for basic July 11th and I've got my eyes on a 2002 SE-R Spec V before I leave... hmm. Maybe. I'd love to put the supercharger from my MR2 on a SR20 or QR25 and use that as a daily. Lots of possibilities but I may be back in a year or so to update you guys on what I've been doing :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts