A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 02 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-v Nismo.

I had interest in getting the 2j fully built qr25, the only issue is, i want this to be another daily for me with few bugs and to actually get it dyno accurate/safe. in the 420 hp range.

I have done allot of research and it seems the new play toy is one of the "impossible" to tune years with stock ecu...

i need to do some sort of ecu swap or aem v2 it. i also am aware that 2j has its own 04+ swap i can buy, the only thing im still hung up on is tune-ability.
I never had to run an aem v2 at all an do not know whether it'd be worth it due to my goal.(I will ecu swap if i must but id rather be a bit lazy.)

Money is not an issue, Kinda just need to know, can aem v2 get me where i wanna go with boost.

Am sure this has been asked before but i can't find anyone who has done the aem swap.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
For starters, you don't have a "nismo" as Nissan never made one...
There are tuning options out there for that gen ECU that work well that can get you in that power range to include an SAFC or any other piggy back, the question is how much flexibility do you want.
I'm not sure if anyone on here has any experience with the v2 so this would be new territory, but the was someone who did use an arm product but can't remember what it was and search doesn't work so well.
I'm converted to the 06 ECU, there are pro and cons and you can piece the parts together yourself minus the patch and UpRev.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it has the optional nismo packages for the car. (Cat back and suspension etc etc.),

I'll have to see about a neo

I'm just looking for ease. I have other projects that are to big for me to want involve another swap but will if I have to.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Someone found the company that made Stillen's QR Pro and it has a lot of tuning potential in such a small package, look into that as it will also give you timing adjustments IIRC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts