A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
20,952 Posts
Joe @2j can sell you an ecu and cluster and all that so you can swap.

05 only can store 1 tune.

04&06 can store 5 tunes

06 uses a factory wideband. If you have that already then go ahead with 04 IMO if you can't find 06 for some reason.

But yes you can swap that stuff and use uprev. Not sure if you have to swap the pedal
@2002blackspec_v I know has a non NATS ecu. Not sure if he'd sell it. You'd still need a cluster. Like I said, you can buy it all from 2j

UpRev is WAY better than that other stuff. Use UpRev

If you have a local UpRev guy than you don't need the cable. But you do need the cable to mess with UpRev yourself

Reactions: IAmAaron

· Premium Member
20,952 Posts
MAF= mass air flow sensor.

You need a wideband to tune. 06 cars had a factory one so its better. If you go 04, you still need a wideband.

· Premium Member
20,952 Posts
I'm sorry lol. I know what a MAF is, but does my OEM one need replaced when I go to tune?

My car already has a wideband gauge in it (1st bung I believe, pre-cat); is this what you mean or is it a different kind of sensor thing?

PS: Apparently my tuning guy bring an external wideband with him no matter how he tunes. Smart -_^
I'll let more knowledgeable people explain some of this.

But...You Probly DO want to talk to 2j.

06 can hold a more accurate tune due to the factory wideband. Over my head "a little", but these guys or [email protected] can explain it all to you.

@2002blackspec_v has 2004 stuff. We forgot to get the pedal from this guy a couple weeks ago :(. You'd need a pedal, and a harness from the forum member that makes them or from Joe. 2002 has 04 ecu, cluster, and MAF iirc

If you go 06 you also need the pigtail to wire in the wideband.

06 is best, so start with calling 2j tomorrow. Joe can also send you the ecu with a base tune already in it of you want.

If somehow Joe can't get you 06 stuff then you know where to get 04 stuff, and maybe @v_2 can run by that part out that was closer to him than me and 2002 and grab that pedal for you.

Easiest route BUY FROM 2j

· Premium Member
20,952 Posts
The 06 is better because it has a more accurate tune Because Of the factory wideband.

Yes 04 or any year you're gonna tune with wideband, However the 06 ecu is better because it monitors factory wideband sensors as is. The other ecu's don't do that. With an aftermarket setup you can monitor it, but the ecu can't.

Up to you what you get. What Joe told you is true. I would run 04 only because I am already 04. Otherwise I'd run 06 because its better. Its worth whatever the extra cost is.

Reactions: MisterNuts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.