A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,160 Posts
To help you weigh the options:
Uprev is certainly the easiest and most reliable but does sacrifice certain potential features (the main one would be ability to control boost thru the computer as well as being capped by a MAF) Also note that it isn't cheap by any means for us 02-03 guys. I believe @raysh had about 1200 into his plus tuning cost.

Megasquirt is roughly the same cost but with A LOT more work involved. If you're not electrical savvy i do not recommend this route due to the fact that if there is an issue (which isn't uncommon) It can be tricky to track down and correct. That being said, the benefits of this ecu are amazing. Boost control, 2 step, antilag, ethanol content correction, mechanical throttlebody capability, speed density, the list goes on.

Reflashes aren't that accurate and therefore can be deemed "unreliable" but can be fine tuned with a piggyback system... but again, this can add up in $$$ (600 reflash, 150 piggyback, 300ish tune)

The only piggyback system i would recommend is the AEM F/IC.. Again, not the greatest option but its cheap, it works, can be fine tuned, and can pull ignition timing which is very important. This is the route i went before going megasquirt and had only minor issues with occasional stalling coming to a stop. Big thing with this system is it actually intercepts and changes injector pulse width and has a boost input so that you can clamp the maf and tune boost separately. Other piggybacks like the SAFC and what not simply alter the maf signal to change fueling. Needless to say, not very a good way of doin it.

· Registered
3,160 Posts
Yea idk if the AEM even has the ability to read our trigger wheel. Could be wrong and you're not going that route anyway. But yea. Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.