A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Was just leaving my place for work today when I noticed a major power loss followed by a wooshing of air that fluttered as i let off the gas. I pulled over on the side of the road to let it Idle (which seems to be normal) but when I revved it made the wooshing followed by the flutter. I did this a couple more times till i heard a tink which semi got rid of the wooshing sounds. Although now at idle I can hear something tinking or bouncing around from what sounds like the exhaust. Exhaust appears to be emitting small amount of white smoke and spitting liquid upon revving.

Over the past month or so I have noticed a synthetic rubbery smell every time I accelerate hard.

anyways, sounds like a head gasket but I could be wrong. Anyone who's had experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated to get some input

Kind Regards,

-mirth-

·
Registered
895 Posts
could be the butterflies, they tend to loose screws, which could be the tinking sound ( a screw hitting the Cat) did you locktite them? check your plugs too, if any are damaged then you definitly lost a screw, you would lose power too because you no longer have the Secondaries Holding back the extra air

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.