A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 spec v last week. Great car. Got a great deal on it. It has 116 xxx miles. After buying it it had a major power loss. It's very intermittent. When it's not going to run right with all power it feels like it's bogged down, even At idle. At higher speeds it has almost no throttle response. And it's using way more gas than it should be. When I start it I can tell by the idle if it's going to run at full power or not. When it does run at full power its not for very long then it goes bank to being bogged down and loss of power. When it's running poorly it will also backfire when reving not in gear. Today was the first time it died on me, it would only die toward the end of first gear. Today was also the first time it through a code. It through the cam shaft sensor. Also when I got the car it was having long starts, I took care of that.
So far I have changed
Spark plugs
Fuel pump
Mass air flow sensor
Cam shaft sensor
Crank shaft sensor
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Either head gasket so check coolant level and compression, cams not timed properly or chain jumped a tooth, relocate the knock sensor as they are sensitive.

These suggestion are assuming a maf and tb relearn had also been performed when you replaced those items listed.

Also what octane you running.

·
6,603 Posts
I dunno. That should throw a code though yeah?
Not necessarily, if it's old it will give you bad mpg. Now that I re-read your issue, it may not be the actual issue but could potentially give you better mpg. Did you replace the sensors with OEM units? Cam/crank/maf sensors are very picky and usually only oem ones work well. Have you checked for any vacuum leaks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts