A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 02 spec v with 110,000 miles on it. Over the past 4 days of driving it has stalled 3 times when I’ve thrown it in neutral when coasting to a stop. When it happens the RPM’s just continue down to 0, car dies, then I can instantly turn the key and continue on my drive. No CEL or anything.

I absolutely love the car so far, but I’d like to cure this issue before it gets worse. Done a little digging through forums and it sounds like it could be the crankshaft sensor. Would replacing the Crank & Cam sensors be my best bet for this very intermittent issue?

Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks,
-Zach

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, I had a pcv valve go bad on a golf and it had a very rough idle and was misfiring. I’m not sure what an intermittent issue with that would look like.

My spec v isn’t misfiring or rough idling. I can’t really do any troubleshooting with how intermittent it happens. I just know it has happened when I’ve been coming up to a stop and throw it into neutral.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
def change crank and cam sensor and check your PCV. Might want to replace all 4 of your Ignition coils if they have never been replaced. I have ebay ignition coils and as much as people shit on them they have been working fine for me for over 5 years. Also, check all your grounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happened today 2x during a short drive. The 2nd time was just sitting at a light. RPM’s were steady around 800 then just fell to 0. Really hoping these sensors work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts