A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i've been looking everywhere and trying to figure out if an 02 sentra can run a turbo around 4PSI, without a build, i mean stock internals, i found a pretty good turbo at a decent price but i'm a little iffy on the whole thing,it's not worth it if i blow my engine.

my car has about 64000miles(103000km) on it if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yea...2.5 suck.
U should sell it and buy a honda.those things handle like 40psi...
Lmao

·
Registered
944 Posts
What kit are you using to turbocharge? What size injectors are you using? What are you doing for tuning?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
everything is stock, don't know about tuning, and i was going to use a turbonetics turbo kit

- - - Updated - - -

but i love my sentra to death, i just want more powerrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
In your case, totally NOT safe. Anyone that has no clue wtf they are doing should not turbo a car. Any car can be turbo'd safely. It is all about doing it the right way and having it tuned. Do your research. Have it done right and you won't have a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
meant to reply that to the other guy above you, i only just started gaining interest in aftermarket perfomance, and turbos are the very newest on my list of things i need to know about

·
Premium Member
39,133 Posts
To answer your question, yes 4psi is safe IF :
1. You use quality parts.
2. You get a good tune.

·
Registered
977 Posts
has anyone ever heard of Godspeed project turbo kits? the price seems alright, i mean i do find the treadstone and turbonetics kits to be a bit over priced at nearly $4000
You buy that ebay shit you get a garbage fucking turbo, piping that won't fit for shit, broken shit, only half the shit you need...you may want to read some around here and see what people are running and learn some shit before you get a kit and blow your shit up.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.