A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking on swapping my auto transmission to manual, I'm sure one of you must have done it before. Just want to ask about how much it costs and where do you recommend to get the parts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Honestly, it's doable but it's going to be a decent amount and a professional because with a auto you have to remove shit from the engine. I jUst wouldn't. I got my cte certification from Facebook so I'd trust me. No but really it's not worth it

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It's much more cost efficient and realistic to get a donor car, like a rear ended 1.8. It's not necessarily a huge undertaking because people have done this in the past. But you are better off buying a manual 1.8 and messing around with that than swap your current car.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I like how strah has posted 19 times in 2 years and one is about stupid Mexicans. we have the future Donald trump here!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
When I went from Auto to Manual in my 01 SE, it cost about $800.

Most of these guys are crazy (especially @Jake w., please don't listen to him). Just go to the junkyard and find everything you need. I found a junkyard in PA that sent me everything related (master/slave cylinders, pedals, rear/trans mounts, shifter and linkages) for $300 and found a trans (with clutch and pp) for $400. Then other stuff for $100.

Best part, if you go to a junkyard, is that you can take your time and figure out how to disassemble everything, for re-assembly later on. Plus you'll get every bolt you'll need.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
When I went from Auto to Manual in my 01 SE, it cost about $800.

Most of these guys are crazy (especially @Jake w., please don't listen to him). Just go to the junkyard and find everything you need. I found a junkyard in PA that sent me everything related (master/slave cylinders, pedals, rear/trans mounts, shifter and linkages) for $300 and found a trans (with clutch and pp) for $400. Then other stuff for $100.

Best part, if you go to a junkyard, is that you can take your time and figure out how to disassemble everything, for re-assembly later on. Plus you'll get every bolt you'll need.
now we are talking reasonable
we should have known from his name that he would be the light
and know the way

please don't take offence just kidding around

but he is right
this would be a much less expensive, self tutoring way.

still a lot of work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm thinking on swapping my auto transmission to manual, I'm sure one of you must have done it before. Just want to ask about how much it costs and where do you recommend to get the parts? Thanks in advance.

depends on what you buy, im doing this process and i paid 600 for a wreck sentra with a manual trans, and selling the engine for 600 i get my money back, and all that you need is the transmission, transmission mount shifter bar, clutch pedal with lines and slave cylinder, and brake pedal and starter, i would take the ecu and the harness too, the nissan sentra 2004 is on the same system on the 2000, so theres not alot of headache. swap the automatic brake pedal and install the manual one, then locate the clutch pedal on the current sentra, and you will see the carpet have a template for you to drill the holes, while you do the holes install the clutch pedal, the pedal assembly and the master clutch cylinder will hold each other together, what you need to do then later is drop the manifold completly from your engine and take the automatic selector off and install the shifter, then install the clutch and flywheel, i will recomend to replace the rear main seal if is leaking, and i would install brand new flywheel and clutch kit, install the transmission, now you need to mimic the ecu to know that the automatic tranny is there, so we are gonna leave the automatic sensor on there and bypass the neutral switch on the car, neutral cables are with the clutch pedal and reverse cables with the reverse switch on the transmission, you can use the harness connector for this, whil highly recomend a haynes manual of the car to know which cable is, and for the cv axles, you can buy new ones, but if you dont have enough money to spend, take the automatic cv axle and change the inner side to the manual ones and install with new boots, im doing the conversion myslef and for now i wasted on it 600 for a wreck car and 187 for the flywheel, cv axle boots, seals, and clutch kit , so my total is 787, this will change for you, my first conversion was on a 1993 nissan sentra with a GA16DE engine and the conversion kit only costed me 200 , if you need more question let me know, my email is [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts