A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 s and I am having transmission problems it is a automatic and my issue is first gear goes okay it revs a bit High like it hit neutral for a second and then continues until about 35 40 and then it will Redline can't seem to get it over 50 55 without serious problems with RPM so high changed the fluid and before that it seemed find not burnt good color right amount droped the pan change the filter there were some shavings and still nothing works haven't changed the cooler yet I also put Dexron 6 and I looked it up and it said it was the fluid for the transmission I know everybody is going to say you weren't supposed to change it if it has shavings in there or after you change it you kill the transmission I get that what's past that step that's all I ever hear about what can I do to fix this problem isn't anyone else had anything similar and had a solution thank you are very much are much appreciated I'm very poor and can't afford a pick and pull transmission if anyone has one please help a brother out I live in my car

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
I wonder if your torque convertor is going out? If it can't transfer power from the motor to the tranny then it might be bad. I'm not an auto guy and most guys in here run a manual

Will see if an auto guy hops on soon.

Download the pdf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have thought about that being a possibility I am getting salvage yard shift solenoids and if that doesn't work I thought the torque converter thank you for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts