A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 spec v and have been wanting to get my car tuned. Only thing stopping me is I live in California so I dont want to have to get my car tuned every smog period. So, I did some diging and I read that 04 and 06 ecu only can have multiple map setting, I just had to get an 05 lol. I read the 06 is a wiring mess to get working, plus California. So my question is, how do I tell the difference between an 04 ecu and 05, mines non-nats, and would it be a plug and play or is there things to be aware of?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I could be wrong...but all uprev b15 ecu's allow for map switching. 04-06. Doesn't make sense that they would just skip one year. Confirm with uprev. But I have not come across a b15 thats tuned that cant map switch.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
The 05 ecu only allows 1 map for whatever reason. 04 and 06 allows 5 maps. The mail in UpRev tune should not effect emissions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Effecting emissions or not, Id like too have multiple maps, do you know if the ecus are interchangeable?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My suggesting is getting a 2004 PCM due to the 2006 having a wideband sensors that 2004 and 2005 models do not have and my speculations is...

A 2006 PCM will be searching for the wideband not see any resistance on this lead and throw a code.

But speak with your hacker on that and now question #2 how do you identify a PCM based on stupid codes on the top of the cover??? Let me tell you SHEEYAAAD I have heard and read so much bullschidt in this area none of it being PHUKING facts and adding to it my local dealer said that is only to indentify where and what plant is was made at it does not indemnify the car year make model or options so I am like FOK DAT... Unless you pull the PCM from the wrecked car and notate the VIN and options on the car call that your best bet....!

#3 if you dick around and get a NVIS / NATS PCM and the seller does NOT HAVE THE ANTENNA AND THE CHIP FROM INSIDE OF THE ORIGINAL KEY 🔑 youre in Hoe-Lee-Hell when time comes to start your car up? I hope you know a locksmith that OWES YOU A FAVOUR or your local dealer is going to look at you the same way Fleece Johnson looked at the guy that just entered his cell.....! D-;

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your input. I am going to get a 04 pcm and make sure its non nats. Ill see if I can get it from a wrecker but well see. Either way.

Is a 05 to 04 pcm swap plug and play? With there be codes or issues like idle? Will I lose any features?

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I dont know for sure but I would imagine a good chance of an 04 vs 05 to be similar and plug and play, as long as its non nats. Theres a chance you will have to relearn the tb. I did not have to when I flashed mine, but it does learn its tune over time. Mine is always choppy until it learns driveability if I disconnect the battery.

Never knew why 05 can only hold 1 tune. Not sure if thats the only actual difference.

Reactions: Nero Energy

·
Registered
267 Posts
The '04 ECU will work perfectly in an '05 (all the wiring connections are identical)...only the '06 is different because of the primary wide band O2 sensor.

I have a non-Nats '04 P7 (MEC33-451) SpecV ECU if you need it...$75 (includes shipping)!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts