A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up guys. As some of you know i totaled my 2004 Spec V in July. Tonight i picked up my new vehicle/project. its a 1995 200sx SE-R. I'm not even sure if thats considered b14, but whatever.
I was told by the previous owner it had the original USDM sr20de, but i found out its a highport JDM sr20de. had the following mods:
megan 4-2-1 header
catless midpipe
unknown dual tip (probably magnaflow) muffler
all piping is 2.5"
SRI
MMI
KYB shocks/springs

I'm picking up a sr20ve from JDMenginedepot in North Jersey. I'm looking at Pride Performance in South Jersey to do the swap/tune. Here are some pictures of how she sits now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
39,045 Posts
Nice pick up.

Why are you going with the VE over the DE?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks nate! do you know of any shops in the NJ area other than Pride that are good with sr20s?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice pick up.

Why are you going with the VE over the DE?
well, for one, the car has 171,000 on it. so its going to need a new motor. and from what ive read the de puts out only around 155hp to the crank, and jdmenginedepot claims the ve puts down a little over 190? anyway, i feel like i have more options with the ve as well.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i picked the car up for $1,700. drove it home at 80mph on the NJ turnpike from LI with no issues at all. seems strong, but i want that fresh motor with moar powaa! overall i think i got a pretty good deal and im left over with thousands to put into it

·
39,045 Posts
well, for one, this motor and car has 171,000 on it. so its going to need a new motor. and from what ive read the de puts out only around 155hp to the crank, and jdmenginedepot claims the ve puts down a little over 190? anyway, i feel like i have more options with the ve as well.
Aright cool, good to know.

I asked because from what I have read, there are some stock DET's but I haven't seen any stock VET's.

Either way, nice pick up and happy modding. Nice keeping is Nissan.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aright cool, good to know.

I asked because from what I have read, there are some stock DET's but I haven't seen any stock VET's.

Either way, nice pick up and happy modding. Nice keeping is Nissan.
thank you. yeah i figure if jdmenginedepot is right and the VE puts down 190, the b14 i have is kinda gutted and probably weighs less than 2300. fully bolted, i would hope to see around 180whp with a tune. as far as 1/4 mile i would be really happy with a high 13, which should be possible with that power to weight.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you PM me some shop names? id be willing to go to NY for a reliable install/tune

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
interesting pick up, couldnt find one already swapped?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could have and did, but i figure if i have the money to do it myself why not. i feel like buying someone elses project is always a bad idea because its probably been driven hard

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i want to be the one to drive it hard;)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i dont know where JDMenginedepot.com gets their engines... says 25k-35k miles on the website.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha we'll see. btw anyone know what wheels i have?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts