A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so when I first got the car I assumed the cruise control didn't work, until I read recently about lifting the clutch pedal with my foot and then trying cruise control. It turns out it does work with that trick. I couldn't find a straightforward answer on how exactly one would go about fixing it so that the clutch goes all the way to the top when it is engaged. If someone could point out what exactly needs to be adjusted that would be great! You can see in the video below where it stops and then I give it the extra little nudge to full engage the switch.

Also, on a side note, would I just spray that spring with wd40 to stop the squeak?

·
Super Moderator
5,325 Posts
Above the clutch pedal, forward there will be a rod with a jam nut, break the jam nut loose and adjust the rod accordingly. This will move the clutch pedal.

The other option is to move the switch closer by disconcerting the harness, breaking the jam nut and rotating it closer.

Grease or silicon spray for the spring/ pivot point.

·
6,603 Posts
Adjusting the sensor would probably be better for you as I'm sure you're well aware where the clutch disengages and engages now. If you move the pedal, then you could be moving the engagement points differently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts