A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

'05 Spec V engine swap. Advice?

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  thesammythecurse 
#1 ·
Looking to swap out the engine and wanted some advice before I went ahead with it. Thinking about an SR20DET bottom end from an S15 Silvia with an SR20VE head. Good choice or is there something else I should consider? Or is there a better option? First time I've done anything to my baby beyond the intake...pretty new at this.

#2 ·
Your gonna get a lot of opinions from people lol another option for this car is the vq35de any flavor of the FWD motors will do but I would say the newest one from the current gen maxima would be best choice if you have the money for it.

#9 ·
What I have gotten from this thread thus far:

"Hi guys! I want to swap my engine with a S15 SR20, despite my car being FWD, and S15 SR20 Blacktop engines costing well over $2000, and you know, being RWD. Did I mention I am broke, because I am. Next time, I'll use the search function or even perhaps Google to look up possible swap options for my car, instead of creating a thread and not knowing much about how engine swaps work."

#15 ·
You have taken my trolling well. Very good. You will go far young padawan.

Real advice: Leave the engine be. Ditch stock header and locktite the butterflies, and drive that bitch into the ground.

If you want to swap it honestly, get a Bluebird swap (much cheaper). It is a SR20DET FWD model. Or save and do a VQ swap.

#16 ·
I'm not a mean guy, but I'm with Bates on this one. Lol

If you don't have money, don't fix what isn't broken.
If you don't have money, don't look for an expensive engine.
Pretty new to mods, only done an intake, then don't bother trying to swap an engine that you need to make mounts for, and magically convert to FWD
NO ONE has a running rwd b15, not even the guys who know what they're doing have made it happen, so no offense, but I don't think you're gonna be the guy. Lol.

Also, even a FWD SR wont swap into the specv without some mount making I believe.

Read through some of this engine swap section, and then come back with some ideas we can build off of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.