A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is John Carlo and I drive a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V.
I used to drive a 5speed Cobalt LT until I totaled it a tropical storm back in 08 when I was 22 and stupid enough to hydroplane. I decided that I need something like the Cobalt but faster. While looking for a new vehicle; I found myself more intrigued by cars than ever and was concerning myself with things like limited slip differentials and body sway. Weeks later I driving a Spec V and was a totally different person.

I have jumped from MySpecV to SpecVForum and TSVB and am joining B15u on a recommendation of a 02 SpecV owner that I happened to park next to at a bar. I live in Connecticut and see SpecV's from time to time but actually talking to another owner was (for lack of more mature words) so cool that I instantly took his recommendation. I work as IT support and have a knack for grasping technical concepts and memorize terms quickly. I date girls that drive stick. My room mate drives a Grand Marquis GS and sometimes I have to take measures to prevent him from stealing my car keys or my women.

I will not be posting pics of my car, because it looks like every other black 04+ SpecV. My car is bolted which my "bros" consider boring. I have a Nismo CAI and headers, but I went with the Stromung 2.25 cat-back exhaust system because I like the stock-esque dual tip look and it sounds so much more bad ass. I have the Nismo stiffer tower strut and lower front sway bar. I am looking to tune my suspension some more this summer.

I will, however, share the one feature that has some semblance of individuality.

My car did not come with Brembos. I got the calipers off of a wrecked 04 in North Carolina, stripped the paint, repainted, and installed new rotors and everything myself. I am very proud of the overall look and feel of my wheel well, though in the future I think I will stick to just slotted rotors. The black paint with clear coat is way less flashy and pisses cops off less.

If you have ANY questions about putting on Brembos that haven't alreadly been answered in a thread somewhere; let me know. I am eager to share my knowledge and encourage everyone to upgrade from their stock brakes. My friends freak out so badly the first time they ride with me after noticing how late I brake at stop-lights. It's because they simply aren't familar with being able to stop on a dime.

B15U has been a resource for me in the past, and I am already enjoying the fact that I finally registered myself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
whale cum

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm in love with those brakes. Maybe some day I'll upgrade my front brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Another CT boy here, sayin' hello, hey check out the thread for the Roll-Out to the Annual BBQ, we're going to have about 4 Specs(for now) meeting up in Milford and rolling down together

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts