A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about a week ago, my driver side window would roll up and down, the only issue was if it rolled down a to a certain length, it would stop and get stuck. When this happened, the window would be about 2 inches open and would just be stuck until whenever it decided it could be rolled back up again. I figured it might be a bad regulator so I tore the door panel off to have a look. Miraculously, I was able to roll the window all the way down this time but it got stuck again but this time all the way down. Now, I can't access the two screws that hold the regulator in place and the control switches will work for all the other windows except the driver side. Does this still mean it's a bad motor/regulator? Or do I need to replace the control switch(es)? I looked online and the control switches go for anywhere between 150-300?? I may be looking in the wrong place for the switches because I definitely don't want to pay that much if it should be an easy fix. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Sounds more like the motor/ regulator, if you know the pin outs on the switch you could check for continuity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know which pin to check for continuity. as of right now, my front passenger and back left windows work fine. So there could be two pins that don't have continuity. Any tips on how to get to the bolts on the regulator that holds the window? The glass is currently as far down as it can get so the bolts have passed the access holes

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
You should still have access to the bolts that hold the window to the assembly, then you can slide the window up and just need a hand to keep it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts