A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
All that's needed is a new crank signal plate, that's it. It's a drop in replacement.

Crankshaft: 12201-JA03A
Crank Signal Plate: 12314-6N20A
Bolts for Crank Signal Plate: 12315-EN200
Will the signal plate that is on the 02-05 crank bolt on to the 07+ crank? If not, where do I find a plate to bolt onto the 07+?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Will the signal plate that is on the 02-05 crank bolt on to the 07+ crank? If not, where do I find a plate to bolt onto the 07+?
No one plate have 3 hole to bolt up to the other have 4.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
hopefully this will clear things up....

The wheel on the left is a first generation crank signal wheel, the wheel on the right is a second generation wheel and is made to work with the NEW ECUs. The wheel you want is a combination of the Gen I TOOTH pattern with a Gen II bolt pattern and center hole.

I have pics of the CORRECT wheel somewhere in my photo bucket but I have to head out to work so I can;t look for it.

The correct part number has been listed in this thread and it is also listed in Nissan Sport Magazine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice my man, cant get any clearer than that. Would be nice tho if you could track down that pic...O and you wouldn't by chance know what ft/lb the bolts that hold on that plate are supposed to be torqued at, do ya?

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok thanks.... i get it now.... i would love to do this. so if you get a new motor installed at nissan will it have a 4 bolt plate that you could use if you swap cranks after the new motor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I got another question...the two keys (I guess thats what you call them) that are on the snout of the old crank, can they be removed and installed on the new crank? My new crank did not come with any. :thinking:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The oppisite end of where the cps plate bolts up... on the left, the long end, there are two pins, ears, whatever you wanna call them. Are they transferable?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
So snowboardig season comig to a end and i starting to order part for my build again. I look up the part number for 07 cranks and it says it for a auto 07 spec v, not a manual. So does matter? Need expert to shine in before I order it. I would ask my dealer but there a bunch of dumbass

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I look up the part number for 07 cranks and it says it for a auto 07 spec v, not a manual. So does matter? Need expert to shine in before I order it. I would ask my dealer but there a bunch of dumbass

12201-ET80A is the crank for 6MT.

you're correct in saying the 12201-JA03A is for AUTOMATIC trans and is not the fully counterweighted version

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
12201-ET80A is the crank for 6MT.

you're correct in saying the 12201-JA03A is for AUTOMATIC trans and is not the fully counterweighted version
So I should order the 6mt crank correct? Or is the auto crank is forged and not the 6mt cranks in the 07 specv? Thanks In advance

·
Registered
545 Posts
The oppisite end of where the cps plate bolts up... on the left, the long end, there are two pins, ears, whatever you wanna call them. Are they transferable?
get new ones.

1. they're cheap ( don't be a cheapass here )
2. they're a pain in the ass to remove from the old crank, you'll probably scratch it all up as well

might have to heat up the end of the crank slightly to make them easier to install, they're kind of tight.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts