A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

07+ Crankshaft in 02-06 QR25's

18K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Specv03 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
All that's needed is a new crank signal plate, that's it. It's a drop in replacement.

Crankshaft: 12201-ET80A
Crank Signal Plate: 12314-6N20A
Bolts for Crank Signal Plate: 12315-EN200

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
hopefully this will clear things up....

The wheel on the left is a first generation crank signal wheel, the wheel on the right is a second generation wheel and is made to work with the NEW ECUs. The wheel you want is a combination of the Gen I TOOTH pattern with a Gen II bolt pattern and center hole.

I have pics of the CORRECT wheel somewhere in my photo bucket but I have to head out to work so I can;t look for it.

The correct part number has been listed in this thread and it is also listed in Nissan Sport Magazine.

#19 ·
get new ones.

1. they're cheap ( don't be a cheapass here )
2. they're a pain in the ass to remove from the old crank, you'll probably scratch it all up as well

might have to heat up the end of the crank slightly to make them easier to install, they're kind of tight.

#13 ·
So snowboardig season comig to a end and i starting to order part for my build again. I look up the part number for 07 cranks and it says it for a auto 07 spec v, not a manual. So does matter? Need expert to shine in before I order it. I would ask my dealer but there a bunch of dumbass

#24 ·
Not true really, as you are still limited by our stupid long stroke. I'd say the main benefit would just be smoother revs for those of us with no balance shafts and solid mounts. Trav mentioned knife edging the crank to reduce the weight closer to the 02-06 crank. Best of both worlds.

#26 ·
even for boosted engines??

#31 ·
well hopefully it is a good investment i am getting it for a damn good price (bout 120) less then factory price. and i already have the signal plate headed to my house so im thinking bout heading this way i want my car back up and running asap but also want it reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.