A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna have to drop the engine and buy a beater to drive around for awhile (saw a $600 pickup thats beat to hell but drives) because the rear main seal is leaking and the transmission should be replaced (1st gear is wack, found one with 90k miles grade A for $340) aswell as the timing chain is due for replacement. I found a balanced crank from nissanusa and will likely be ordering a rebuild kit aswell as joes stock comp. pistons as if I ever do turbo instead of getting the new nissan z, I wont push this block past 300ish, maybe 325.

for the rods, are the 07 reinforced rods just beefier than the gen 1 qr's? I've found conflicting reports when I browse around stating they raise the compression or that only the pistons raise the compression.

if the later, where's the best place to buy them

I could get I beam rods too but they may be a little much for my needs and id prefer to spend/save that money elsewhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oohh I found a set of 4 new in package for 288 on ebay, revised gen 2 rods with the correct part number on the sealed baggies. you can bet I snagged those :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
B16 crank k1 rods cp pistons 8.5:1 compression
cp carrillo? and I may be interested in that, I was shooting for stock compression due to not boosting for maybe another year, BUT pm me a guestimate though as this is interesting. 99% down for the crank regardless depending on demands <3

1 - 19 of 19 Posts