A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ll try to make this as short as possible.
Family was borrowing my car due to it being an extra car and it wasn’t being used. When I got it back I noticed the CEL was on, but car drove fine so I didn’t think much of it at the time. I installed a SRI and it immediately started idling very rough and had horrible acceleration. I pulled the code and got a P0300. Upon checking spark plugs I noticed oil in one of the spark plug tubes.
Fast forward…I installed new valve cover with gaskets, which came with a new PCV valve, spark plugs, coils, cam shaft sensor, and cleaned throttle body. No change what so ever. I eventually took it to a Nissan dealership, who also couldn’t figure it out. They seemed to think it was bad fuel and cleaned the tank and pump and put new fuel in it. They also checked fuel injectors, and ran a smoke test for vacuum leaks…found nothing. I ended up installing all of the old air intake parts. Since then it idled fine and I drove it fine…until it reached operating temps. I then get a vibration from engine and very shaky acceleration with a CEL blinking, but also going away. When I was able to pull the code I still got the P0300, but also got misfire on cylinder 3. I tried replacing the crankshaft sensor today, but of course Autozone sent me the wrong part. I did try starting it up again today and once again, everything was fine and I let run for awhile, turned it off and restarted. Vibration at idle came back so I didn’t drive it, but no CEL. Any clue what the hell is going on?

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Could be the head gasket, do a compression test cold and then one hot.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Check your coolant level in the res and surge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts