A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, my first post!!

I have a 2009 Sentra SE-R Spec-V, i love my car. I hate my gear shifter.
I have found online that when TMW were in business they made a bushing kit to
correct this.

Does anyone have these installed in there SpecV?... or better yet! uninstalled...

I need to see a photo (upclose) of these bushings. If someone can take the time to use a
digital caliper and measure length, outside Diameter, bushing inside hole diameter, and lengths
of any step downs in width; i have the tooling to make bushings from Delrin Rod, Metals (brass etc...)

For the person that can help me, seeing that Nissan refuses, I will make them a set , to use, to sell,
to try, to review... If they work out well, i can start making them to order. I will pay for mailing cost to Canada or the USA. It's a big ask I know, but i bet there are a few of us that could use these...

I have been on this search for so long. Any help will be rewarded.
Thanks, Rob
Bo and Bob's Garage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issues with first and fourth gear. It goes in but it almost grinds/ makes a slight noise. I'm wanting to fix this slop as well. Any luck? I'd buy a set!

·
Registered
3 Posts
TWM went out of business, I personally own the TWM short shifter and bushings and can tell you that the short shifter does reduce the lenght of the throw, but the bushing definitely made the shifter smoother. I would definitely recommend having some bushings custom made if you want to improve your drive. BTW, sentras have a very stiff shifter, not very comfortable like the b15.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new, with this being my first post and hopefully the OP hasn't gone elsewhere, but I have the linkage pins (for lack of a better term) on the transmission exposed. I will measure them up and take pictures for you and post them up.

The biggest issue that I see is that the bushing is more of a collet than a traditional bushing and any corrosion buildup inside the collet causes binding and can makes the bushing unusable if you remove the shifter cable. Nissan Canada will only sell the full shifter cable set (about $350 last time I checked) rather than bushings alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts