A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bronze 4030S-RN75020

So the unexpected happened. I found four Bronze Rims that have been discontinued for how long and I was able to cross reference nissan store inventories and I found 3 at one location and the 4th wheel at another.

I naively said Yes to purchasing all of them asap. Well, three came in the mail, and my fourth one disappeared at the store. They had the right box with all the correct serials etc. However They thought it was in the display case and they sent me a photo of Frontier/Xterra wheel.

With 3 brand new wheels I'm sol.
Happy to hear any advice in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That's a hell of a find, even with only 3. Specifically, how did you find them? Is there a website?

Any pics?

Maybe you can use two at the front for track days, and keep one as a spare?

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Good luck.

Don't feel bad. It by no means was naive to buy them. They're worth more than I am sure you paid for them. I would have bought them for sure. Even if it were only 3.

Damn you. Jelly. Gonna have me hunting for some. And I'm probably not alone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://imgur.com/a/l7GBM

Thanks, makes me feel a little better. Wasn't sure if most of the community here has grown sick of them by how many I see in images.

Lots of digging and calling. I wanted these wheels since my first specv in 03. I just started getting serious recently wanting to build the car I originally wanted. So lately just been calling dealerships, and fact checking just for fun. The ones I found were out of state and they didn't even know they had them.

Otherwise I typically find parts at wholesale, find the part number/serial and just start google' I even uses images to trace a product ha. I found a seibon carbon fiber hood (evo style) literally half the price they sell from their site. They may still offer it. I can provide a link if anyones interested.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the wheels? List price is still $240.00 The guy in parts figured They were old and probably won't sell them being an irregular number. "...Eh i can give em to you for $200.00 per wheel"

·
39,082 Posts
You lucky sob... go play the lotto....

There must be someone here or online some where with one or better yet, another set of three that may let them go for a good price.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
You lucky sob... go play the lotto....

There must be someone here or online some where with one or better yet, another set of three that may let them go for a good price.
Yeah actually buying 3 is actually a good idea. Somebody surely busted 1 and has 3. Them you'd have 2 spares

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty good idea there, just need that strike of luck that someone somewhere wakes up and reads this post ha. I'll be optimistic and wait, if eBay is listing one as wall clock people are not finding committed buyers and have to resort to arts and crafts with their once beloved wheels. But geez, I do feel lucky now, i was just really bummed to think I would never be able to use them.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
There was a guy on Facebook on the B15 Sentra page selling 4 used ones for $500. Idk if he has them still or not. He was in GA.

2 did not have Nismo decals (possibly not Nismos). Supposedly all 4 are Nismo. They are bronze.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a guy on Facebook on the B15 Sentra page selling 4 used ones for $500. Idk if he has them still or not. He was in GA.

2 did not have Nismo decals (possibly not Nismos). Supposedly all 4 are Nismo. They are bronze.
Wow thanks, never thought to check fb. I will definitely join the group.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Yeah I don't have Facebook. My buddy told me about the wheels. If they were a little closer to me I would go check them out. It was a few days ago.

Theres more people active on that Facebook group these days than active on the forum. So for sure search for a wheel, or multiple wheels, there.

To confirm wheels are genuine. Check all the stampings match. That offset was only offered for the Nismo wheels. There are identical wheels in 7x7.5 but they have a slightly different offset.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's true, I was worried that these forums would become more extinct as the cars get older. Now i have reason to check fb again.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
But he has 3 perfect brand new wheels. He'd be depreciating their value powdercoating them. He'd be better selling them and buying some other wheels if he was gonna do that.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Maybe and maybe not. It's possible he can find another new one. And he may find a used one that matches. Regardless I personally wouldn't go powdercoating brand new Nismos. He could sell those for more than the cost of 4 used ones.

Reactions: wolf and zeno

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would even go with a silver one. The biggest thing I care about is performance and quality. Last thing I want to find out is when I go throw it on the balancer and find out the previous owner took it for a joy ride over parking blocks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts