A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in CA. I now need a smog check in a Star station. I will fail a visual test with my set up having a gutted cat and a non fouler on my second o2 sensor. So I recently bought a aftermarket pre-cat from Eastern Catalytic converter to pass smog, removed the non-fouler unused an on second o2. I I wanted to know you all's opinion for me to leave my new catalytic converter on I do appreciate the exhaust not smelling so bad like without it. I am just worried it will ruin my engine again. What should I do in this situation?

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts
It's a "better" pre cat, you should be fine but I don't have your problem so I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I wouldn't leave it for an extended period of time.

As for smog, I may or may not have heard that some Hispanic owned shops are more lenient when it comes to visual given an extra fee.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Stop tripping. I had to do smog station with Star too in L.A. honestly there are stations that are willing to pass you if you fork up some $. I paid about $300 in 2018. Just fyi if u tryn to avoid all go back to stock. Im pretty sure imma get reffed this year. Its a scam , cali wants these older cars out, so u can buy a new one and be in debt for 5 yrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts