A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've attached 2 pictures. On one, why do I have a spring loaded switch on the driver's side that would activate when the hood is open or close? 2, on the other picture, I just noticed that wire which appears to have once been attached to a prong and that prong broke off in the clip. The other end of that wire is secured to the inner fender well with a ring terminal. That wire is under the battery tray. If anyone knows the purpose of either of these, please try to help. Thank you.
P.s., that wire is most likely a ground and if it broke recently, that would explain my codes that were different every time that I deleted them then re-read them.
Also, the wire to that spring loaded switch runs into the factory wire harness.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Tread

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Hood Gesture Automotive tire Automotive exterior Elbow

·
The Watcher
7,352 Posts
I've seen that switch in pictures but never in real life, some oem safety/security option.

That cable looks like it is supposed to be bolted to the tranny as a ground but hard to tell.

The real tragedy is the incorrect battery, terminals should be to the back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I'm just now doing all of the things that one would normally do to a car as normal maintenance. I do not neglect my vehicles, but I definitely do not do regular maintenance on everything that I should be. That battery was in it when I bought it and I think it's the only aftermarket part on this car😂 Seriously though, I'm surprised the original radiator hoses, and calipers and brake hoses are still going strong. 211,000 miles strong. The coolant pipe in the picture is in there. No getting that thing out. I bent it just enough to get the upper thermostat housing off without taking the top 2 studs out😬😬 it'll be alright🤞
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Gas

Now that I'm done rambling, it's getting a lot of new parts! Parts I've had for a very long time. Shooting for 350,000 miles😏

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Bent does not equal broken :)

Good eye Cricki I missed that

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've attached 2 pictures. On one, why do I have a spring loaded switch on the driver's side that would activate when the hood is open or close? 2, on the other picture, I just noticed that wire which appears to have once been attached to a prong and that prong broke off in the clip. The other end of that wire is secured to the inner fender well with a ring terminal. That wire is under the battery tray. If anyone knows the purpose of either of these, please try to help. Thank you.
P.s., that wire is most likely a ground and if it broke recently, that would explain my codes that were different every time that I deleted them then re-read them.
Also, the wire to that spring loaded switch runs into the factory wire harness. View attachment 175106
View attachment 175105
View attachment 175104
I have a 2003 Nissan Spec V the molten silver with the same thing it’s for the alarm system.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I have nats too but I dont ever remember a hood switch. Must just be an 03 thing or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.