A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been troubleshooting this issue for 3 weeks off and on with no luck. After having replaced fuel pump and filter and a new CAT I was still having issues with no power and bog past 1/4 throttle and threw a code for IACV. I put on a used IACV and MAF from a parts car that the owner abandoned at a shop after bad head gasket diagnosis and it was running great for 2 weeks. It stalled out coming up a steep hill and stranded my daughter. The next day I went and after a hard start and lightly playing with the throttle and tranny, I limped it home for a mile. No codes were thrown and turns over and hard starts after 4-8 seconds but if left alone will rev to 1500 and then stall out after 10 seconds. If you start and then push the throttle past 5% it bogs and dies instantly. I've been able to coax it to warm up if I start multiple times and LIGHTLY play with a tiny bit of throttle it will rev and eventually settle into a steady idle at 850, but still bogs and dies if throttle opened past 15% and WOT is just a dive bomb to stalling.

Replaced and adjusted TPS and no change
Replaced MAF and no change
Checked for vacuum leaks everywhere and no change
Removed, cleaned and inspected throttle body and no change
Tested throttle and opener according to FSM and they are ok
Tested EGR and no change
Checked Injectors and ok
Camshaft sensor test ok
Wiring to these sensors has tested ok

Anybody have suggestions before I give up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update-While checking the TPS adjustment for one more time, I noticed a buzzing from the transmission with key on/engine off and the throttle in resting positiion (no vacuum applied so slightly open). When I manually close the throttle the buzzing goes away. The buzzing is toward the back of the tranny. Could this be some kind of short?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts