A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

2000 Sentra 2 cylinders with absolutely no spark

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  CrickiKaze 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 Sentra gxe with the 1.8, I have 2 cylinders with great spark and 2 with none at all. All injectors work. Coils and plugs have been replaced. Ecm relay is good as well as all fuses. When I turn the key on I don’t get a service engine light but I can pull codes. It has a P1320 code for ignition circuit. I have 12v at all coil plugs as well as good grounds at all plugs, wire has been checked from ecu to coils with no issues. I can’t for the life of me figure out why just 2 cylinders are firing and the other 2 don’t fire AT ALL.

#3 ·
Cam sensor as well as the crank sensor has been replaced, I’m honestly stumped, the only thing I can think of is that the ecm doesn’t have a good ground. I’ve checked and rechecked all grounds but maybe the ground wire going to the ecm itself is corroded somewhere.

#4 ·
I would make sure the signal is even coming into the coils from the ecm. I think you can use a test light (led) for that like checking an injector pulse. If they are, then make absolute sure the grounds are good. Its also a known issue on the 2.5 that the main ground cable from trans to frame causes misfires. Not sure if your car has a similar cable. Confirm no damage to cam signal plate.

#7 ·
Should be same with crank

#8 ·
There is a thing called the condenser on the ignition circuit that you need to also check. Download the FSM. With the ignition key in the on position, there should be 12v on the condenser pin#1. If not, check the resistance on the condenser. It should be around 1M ohms. If it isn't then replace it, but if it's good move on to the rest of the wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.