A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC V
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC V came with Brembo Front Calipers. However Brembo wasn't an option until 2004+. So the Brembo Front Calipers were added at a later time.

Currently, my front rotors look like 10.5" the rear rotors look around 9.5". I just bought a set of brake pads and rotors for a 2004 Spec V with Brembo and it comes with 10.5" front and rear rotors. This did not cross my mind when I bought the set.

I am in the middle of the install for the rear and obviously the Brake Rotors don't fit..

2J sells the bracket that lets me use my current rear brake calipers to accomodate the bigger 10.5" rotors. But kinda pricy at $200+ CDN after shipping duties and taxes.

Rockauto sells rear brake calipers for Spec V with Brembo for $222 after shipping, duties, and taxes. I think these calipers are made to accommodate the 10.5" rotors. They also have a core deposit so I can mail back my old calipers to get $100 CDN back. Shipping label included.

Can I just get the Brake Calipers for Spec V with Brembo at Rockauto? Or do I need both the bracket from 2J and Brake Caliper from Rockauto?

Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. So even if I buy the brake calipers from Rockauto, I still need a caliper bracket?

Was thinking of changing the calipers on mine since they are ready old and looking kinda brownish.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the post last night and I have messaged the guy. Waiting for a response. Hopefully before Sunday evening... As I've placed an order but hasn't shipped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All you need to get are the rear caliper brackets from a '95-'99 Maxima since they are identical to what is used on the Brembo option '04-'06 SpecV's. The '95-'99 Maxima rear rotors and calipers are the same size too, but the rotors are drilled for 5 lug hubs vs the 4 lug that the SpecV has (you can always redrill them to fit on 4 lug hubs if you want to though or order the rear Brembo option rotors from Rock Auto!).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the Rockauto route.

Supposed to arrive this week. Will update if this set works.

They even have a core exchange with the set I bought. The package will have a shipping label and I just toss my old ones into the box, slap on the shipping label and get $100 CDN back.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
208 Posts
IIRC someone is selling the rear brembo brackets right now on here
He is correct and politely typed not being mean, a fast search you will find them $40.00 for both also adding no hate on Rach Auto or Pop Bowels Retard Auto Parts or Antarctica Zone but Sir Brian Hasty or FASTBRAKES put me onto this company here years ago and they sell what you need save a ton of cash and if you know what you want just go here…!

Cheers Mate,

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I got the Brake Calipers and Brackets from Rock Auto for 2004 Spec V with Brembo Brakes.

Nickel Gas Machine Engineering Composite material

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system Technology

Nickel Household hardware Auto part Bicycle part Automotive exterior

Machine Auto part Gas Metal Nickel

Will put these on the car this weekend. Praying these will clear those big rotors I have.

*EDIT: There is a backing plate in the rear brakes that won't let me install the bigger rotors... Does that just come off somehow? Or do we need to modify it so we can put the big rotors and new brake calipers/ brackets..

When I search everyone says "just get the brake caliper brackets"

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How hard is that to do?

Can we just chop it off?? :ROFLMAO:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Stairs Automotive design

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
Not hard...technically, if you have the socket for the nut that holds it. Just need a hammer and something to drive between the cap and axle to expose it.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
208 Posts
Main reason why I never pursued this on my 2001 or 2002 the rear splash guards. I did not want to cut them bend them grossly all the way back which you can bend them backwards and defiantly not go through the arduous labour of removing the wheel hub to break the bolts and unbolt the splash guards.

Ironically amazing the 2005 and 2006 did not come with rear splash guards…? WEIRD???

Just for your detail moving forward the rear calipers are not per-say BRAND Brembo these are OEM only your front are Brembo. The rear bracket is same as any 2000-03 Maxima so if ordering rear calipers next time and confusion persists just order them for a 2003 Maxima you’ll get exactly what you have shown in photos also rotor on rear of Maxima is same size Sentra only B15U is drilled for four lug and A33B is drilled for five lug …

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rock auto 2004 Spec V Calipers with Brackets for Brembo Package fit!

Before:

After:

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The splash guard on one side came off. The other side had to be trimmed because it was completely stuck!

I had new tires mounted as well. I went for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Summer Tires which replaced my 8 year old Dunlop Direzzas. Night and day difference for the tires. They are so sticky!

As for the brakes, I need to break them still and let the coating come off naturally.

Here are some more extra pics:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Bumper

new rotor size comparison with old rotor

Automotive tire Gas Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Auto part

rear back plate, old calipers, old rotors

I am in the process of returning my old calipers to Rockauto for the core deposit. Will see how smooth that process goes.

Reactions: Spanky and SKILLET

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So just to post an update. It's been almost a month with these new brakes. The coating completely came off after a week and the rotors really look nice.

I am glad I went with the remanufactured 2004-06 Spec V rear rock auto brakes since there was no messing around with caliper brackets. For the price, I would recommend them over brackets for sure! They also look nicer with the finish since my 20 year old 2002 Spec V rear brakes were getting rusty.

As for the Rockauto return process for the core deposit it went smooth and quick. $50 CDN per caliper. You do need to pay return shipping back and it cost $30 CDN to ship both. In the end I got $70 CDN back which is still good. All I did was place the old calipers back into the box, tape the box up well, print out the shipping label from Rockauto and schedule a DHL pick up-- which is free by the way. DHL picks up the same day (morning) and Rockauto got the package the next afternoon. How soon did I get my core deposit back?

June 6th shipped out (Vancouver BC)

June 7th arrived in Rockauto (New York)

June 10th money back in account

As for the ordering from Rockauto, I like how it is, Duty Paid. In the end it costs less than buying from other sites.. an example I can give is eBay US or 2J (no offense to 2J since I do buy parts from them). To give an example, if I buy a $80 CDN part from 2J, I have to pay shipping (usually $50 CDN) and then I have to pay duties and taxes (12%). Even if an item is duty free and I just need to pay taxes, there is a brokerage charge I need to pay $37 CDN!!

Now my $80 CDN part is now close to $180 CDN!!

I thought about getting a disc brake kit from 2J but ultimately decided against it because it would have costed me almost 1.5x more than getting a Canadian Made kit.

My brake rotors and pads are from Disc Brake Canada for 04-06 Brembo Spec V. It cost me $566 CDN after shipping and taxes. 2J Stoptech for 04-06 Spec V is $512.99 USD (x 1.3 to CDN) plus shipping, plus duties, plus taxes and $37 (estimated) brokerage fees. Also it takes 1 week to arrive to buy local vs 2 weeks from 2J or most US Sites.

Anyway those are my comments. There are parts I would buy from the US. But if I can buy local, that is the best for me.

I am now looking to upgrade my throttle body. There is a kit I am eyeing from NWP Engineering but it is $340 USD! I can get a similar one here for $119 CDN according to an older member from here. The only difference is NWP Engineering is Plug and Play. The one here that I can get will need some splicing, but it doesn't look too hard.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
208 Posts
Honestly this is awesome SALUTES on your work Brother, all looks nicely completed. I strictly use and endorse 2J-Racing and they sell a throttle body adapter which will fit the VQ35DE throttle body to the QR25DE manifold and all is PIP!

Now as for my 2002 this modification worked seamlessly mechanically and electronically and the relearn procedure went without a snag.

My 2005 production date 6/05 would not accept the VQ35DE throttle body, this kept kicking back each time you shut the car off you had to relearn it again so I switched back to the QR25DE throttle body I am unsure if the electronics that control the 2002 and 2005 are different …?

Now adding I do have a 2006 B15U exact same colour as yours some light mods but the throttle body was not touched so I am interested but not sure how this will pan out with the 2006 please keep us all in the loop and thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts