A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before I get jumped on, I was looking through a bunch of the different forums, but I didn't see one over another that I should use, so I figured I'd start here. This is my first post, and I just joined. If someone can tell me a better place to post this who's more familiar with the forums, I'd appreciate it. :)

I have a 2002 SE-R Spec V that I bought new, and just reached 133K Miles on it. It recently started burning oil heavily, and just yesterday started making a really growly sound and started dragging. Pretty typical for the Pre-Cat failures from what I've read, so I won't go further into that.

Anyway, I'm in Minneapolis, MN and wondering if I should either replace the engine, or sell the car as-is. More than anything I'm wondering if there would be anyone from this forum who'd be interested in either helping me replace the engine, or buy the car from me. If I was going to sell it with this engine failure, what should I expect to get for it?

I did some searches, and couldn't find other info, has there been a class-action suit against Nissan for this failure? I've read about some people having it happen much earlier, and others later.. if someone could point me in a direction, and help this newbie out, I'd be grateful.

I've been generally happy with this car until this point. :(

Thanks!

DRO4LIFE

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Few people have taken it up with nissan and got a new engine for free. It usually depends on the specefic dealer you take it to...

You can get a new motor for about 2 grand or try to sell it as is for about 1500. Its up to you

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
well if you really love the car and got the cash...... replace that engine with a new one, get a after market header so this problem wont repaeat again, bsr (balance chain shaft removal kit ), and loctite butterfly screws, you wont regret it. youll be set for years to come

1 - 4 of 4 Posts