A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parting out this '02 Spec V. I purchased it from the 2nd owner, who bought it in 2011 with 136k on it. It's got just over 151k on it currently. It sat for nearly a year after it was wrecked before I purchased it last fall. The car sustained damage to the right rear quarter panel in a single vehicle accident, but all other panels (including the trunk lid and spoiler) are in good repair and rust free. All panels are original with matching VIN numbers.
02 Spec V Bumper Cover w Foglights.jpg 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V Driver & Passenger Airbags 1.jpg
2002 Spec Driver Side (Fender On).jpg 2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V Side-Skirts 1.jpg
LR Door.jpg
IMG_20180125_175924.jpg
IMG_20180125_175933.jpg
IMG_20180125_175942.jpg
IMG_20180125_175951.jpg
IMG_20180125_175956.jpg
IMG_20180125_180004.jpg
IMG_20180125_180020.jpg
IMG_20180125_180147.jpg
IMG_20180125_180107.jpg
IMG_20180131_120852.jpg
IMG_20180131_121842.jpg
IMG_20180131_121933.jpg
IMG_20180131_120635.jpg

You can view footage of a cold start-up/run, a walk through the exterior lights to show their good working order, a run through all the gears of the transmission with the car running, and of the sunroof opening/closing/tilting on YouTube at the following link:

PM me with any questions or requests you have. I've included some prices below, but I'm flexible on price depending on what you want and how many things you're interested in. If you're coming to pick-up, and you want multiple bits, I'm giving deals no problem. I'd greatly prefer local pick-up on essentially everything, but I'm willing to ship smaller components as needed (just ask, I imagine that what you want and where you need it shipped will determinative for both of us). I'm also willing to drive to meet folks for bulkier items, or if you're buying multiple things, but I'll likely ask for gas $ (just ask). I'm down to trade parts from this '02 Spec for certain B15 bits for my '06 Spec (springs,struts,coils, exhaust, turbo and/or associated bits) or B13/SR20det parts (ARP head studs, high-pressure head gasket for a turbo motor, also looking for a b13 4 door shell in good shape to purchase or trade for). Feel free to make offers, I need to sell my spare parts for $ to take my '06 daily turbo!

I have removed the following parts thus far:
-OEM Struts
-Driver's Door (Door latch, hardware are available)
-Wheels & Tires
-Radiator
-Sunroof Control/Overhead Console)
-Alternator
-Driver's window regulator and motor
-RR window regulator and motor
Driver's window/lock switches

~Transmission/Clutch/Flywheel Notes~
-The engine, transmission, and clutch are all in excellent working order (see YouTube link above)
-Smooth gear engagement and clutch take-up in all gears.
-This clutch is a aftermarket, performance model of some sort; it's shorter and heavier than stock, with much firmer take-up (I drive a Spec I bought new in '06, the clutch in this '02 is definitely more aggressive).
-The gentleman that I bought the car from purchased the car with the header/exhaust and its current clutch in 2011 and couldn't shed any light on what kind of clutch it is (wasn't familiar with Spec V's, didn't realize it wasn't stock).
-Pistol-grip SER gearshift and shift linkage ('02-'04 linkage, w/o pull-tab reverse lock-out, compatible w/ '02-'04 Spec V 6-speed trans only)-$150 OBO

~Engine~
-Starts, runs, and idles smoothly (see above YouTube link)
-Previous owner also reported that he had no issues with oil consumption, which is beyond rare for a QR25 with over 100k, and only plausible in my mind because the original owner of the car installed the cat-less header and exhaust early in the game.
-BUT....LOW Compression
Cylinder #1-120psi
Cylinder #2-121psi
Cylinder #3-120psi
Cylinder #4-105psi
-ALSO....Found oil on the tip of #3 (wasn't the infamous leaking spark plug well seals either, well was dry before plug came out)
-This motor seemed smooth and strong before the compression test, but really I'd buy this specifically for a re-build only. I think it would work as a short-term solution for a daily driver, but for how long is anyone's guess....

~Some Parts Prices~
~Engine + Transmission + Clutch/Flywheel~ $700 OBO
~OEM Bumper Cover- $250 OBO
~ECM (w/ NATS unfortunately)-$100
~OEM Passenger/Dashboard Airbag Module- $75 OBO
~Driver's Airbag Module-$75 OBO (Will sell the two together for $100)
~Engine Wiring Harness-$100 OBO
~OEM Hood-$100
~OEM Trunk Lid w/ Spoiler, Lights, SER Badges-$125 OBO
~OEM Doors (w/o interior skins)-$75 each
~OEM Fenders- $50 each
~Interior Door Panels/Skins-$20 each
~Dashboard-$75 OBO
~Red '02-'03 Instrument/Gauge Cluster-$75 OBO
~Full '06 Interior (Seats w/ Door Skins)-$275
~'06 Blue Spec V Front Bucket Seats-$100 each or $150 for the set (FIRM)
~'06 Blue Spec V Rear Seat (not 50/50 split-folding) $100 OBO
~Power Window Assembly (Regulator and Motor)-$30/ window
~Interior/Body Wiring-Harness-$75 OBO
~Center Console w/ Armrest- $75 OBO
~Gearshift Surround w/ Boot-$20
~Door Window Glass-$20/
~OEM Headlights-$40
~HVAC Cluster/Switchgear-$30
~CV Axles (nearly new, must have been replaced soon before accident....)-$60 per, $100 for both
~Wheel Hubs-$25/ per
~OEM Strut Tower Brace-$70

~Other Notes~
- Sunroof and windows operate perfectly (minus the passenger-side rear window- harvested the regulator already)
- OEM Rockford Fosgate stereo components intact for those rare fans.......
- Doors and latches are in good repair
- Dashboard and gauge cluster are in excellent shape
- Willing to sell the OEM fenders, hood, bumper cover as a package to someone looking for the '02-'03 look
-Aftermarket ECU? No spacer on catless 4-2-1 OBX header, yet no CES light ever?
-You name it, I likely still have it-Just Ask!

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have concerning the asking price and condition of specific components (serious inquiries only please), I'd be happy to provide additional info/pics as requested. I'll be removing components as sold to maintain the car as a running/driving vehicle as long as possible. I'm willing to ship components, but the buyer will be responsible for the cost of shipping in addition to the agreed upon price. All prices listed are OBO, and I'll offer deals for folks looking for multiple parts. Feel free to make offers with inquiries.

·
Premium Member
20,873 Posts
Pics of the headlights????

PS: run that cars vin # for recalls. You don't want to sell a passenger airbag without making sure there isn't a recall on it.
Could also be other stuff. But a not replaced airbag recall could actually kill someone.

Where are you located?
We don't know where pickup is or any idea how far shipping is.

Reactions: Midnight V

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pics of the headlights????

PS: run that cars vin # for recalls. You don't want to sell a passenger airbag without making sure there isn't a recall on it.
Could also be other stuff. But a not replaced airbag recall could actually kill someone.

Where are you located?
We don't know where pickup is or any idea how far shipping is.

All valid points DaveSpecB15, plus after nearly 10 PM's to various ppl ONE reply, and no go...? I am going to just post up on the WTB parts section and hope a SE-Rious seller with the items I need comes back on top of that. Good vibes to all readers,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys. I've only received 1 PM, just called the gentleman a few minutes ago. I was working all last weekend and don't have a smartphone (semi-Luddite here...), my apologies for the late response. I'm checking with the dealership to make sure the airbag units in this car aren't of the ticking time bomb variety, and I thank the gentleman that mentioned this (I have absolutely no desire to sell anything that could potentially hurt someone).
If for some reason you have tried to reach me and been unable, please post a response here so I can periodically check my computer for email alerts. As I said, I've only seen 1PM, I'll check my settings to make sure I haven't inadvertently blocked PM's from folks trying to reach me. Again, my sincerest apologies for any difficulty anyone's experienced in trying to reach me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just checked my settings to make sure I'm not inadvertently filtering out PM's from anyone due to my account setup; doesn't appear that I am now or was previously. Not sure about the 10 PM's from various people referenced above, I saw a 2nd PM when I checked a moment ago, but that's just 2 I received total. It possible that I screwed something up initially that I can't see now, can't be certain, but I did want to reiterate that I haven't seen any other than 2 from Big Lettuce. I'll be working on my Spec and pulling parts from the '02 today, please feel free to contact me with any requests. I'll check my tablet every half-hour or so to keep Pace with the fast-moving realm of the Interballs......?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good evening to all readers, thank you for your attention SpecTribeSec06, we made contact today. Actually much earlier this morning via cell phone and worked through the details. He is a busy man with family, work, and class schedule so he respects patience but will tend to all. Again thank you SpecTribeSec06 and touch back in with you when time is good he has my number and I am not rushing him just want to score dibbages on items I need before another member does. Thank you, -Gregory

·
Premium Member
20,873 Posts
Damn....not that far from me really....
Not close, but close enough....

Wish I knew when I maybe would have a day free for a road trip.
If I was picking stuff up I'd be interested in more, bigger, things

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So here are some terrible mofo pics of the headlights from the '02 Spec. These were really oxidized, so a few weeks back I sanded them with the four pads that come with the Maguire's headlight rest kit. I got distracted and didn't follow up with the polishing wax, and when I to look for the kit today it was in the Bermuda Triangle. I found some Rainex polishing wax from another resto kit and went at it with a microfiber cloth, but as you can see the results are rather bunk in the extreme. I think they'll buff out better than they are now (there's a good bit of wax build up that will definitely come out with a buffer attachment on a drill), but I'm thinking the blinker on the left headlight isn't liable to come completely clear. I'll give 'em another go tomorrow, if they don't clear up considerably I'll sell them cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Engine harness for Big Lettuce, pulling the rest of the dash harness today. Sorry to use this post for 1-1 communication, couldn't figure out how to attach pics to PM's. I'll post some pics for everyone of other bits I'm pulling as I'm disassembling the dash, probably later this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dash harness out and good to go. Sweet Jesus Nissan went the extra mile making their electrical connectors a royal mofo to wrestle with. All came out on both harnesses without any breaking, but that process made me realize I must have missed my calling as a contortionist....

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good evening SpecTribeSec06, thank you much I did see the email you sent to me and I sent you a multitude of emails and pages and links back to help you in your quest. These items are exactly what I need to make this working project a easier haul truly thank you again and hit me anytime.

DaveSpecB15 you must be honest those headlights are GEMS Sir you might want to grab those oh my gosh they are beautiful, I wish I could figure out how that process works mine would look like diamonds!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY BUY THOSE HEADLIGHTS NOW!!!

·
Premium Member
20,873 Posts
Was waiting til he had time to finish polishing them up to decide.

Aftermarket ones are pretty cheap. And new.

Prefer NISSAN. If they look good and priced good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do have the both CV axles. They both look pretty new, they're considerably fresher than everything around them. I'm asking $60 apiece or $100 for the pair. I'm out of town visiting family right now, but I'll be back home Wednesday night. I've only got 4 PM's in my inbox right now (what's capacity, only 4?), but I'll double check and shoot you a PM while I'm at it. Should anyone else have difficulty they can just reply on this thread and I'll get back to you asap.

·
Registered
173 Posts
TWO REPLIES HERE...

1) PPL please stop gouging that 902-Spec-B guy here I first met on eBay and dude his prices were like gouging the forums we are here for a reason to help other members out to save some cash and provide AS-IS parts or services at a cut price. I did not say a GIVE-AWAY price but a cut price which is ideal, SE-Riously homie $40.00 for a faded-gory red driver door handle, $30.00 USED shift knob and shipping costs for ground service that juxtapose NEXT DAY AIR SHIPPING RATES the prices this person quotes are exactly as the local junkyard near my house.

2) THANK YOU SpecTribeSec06 for keeping prices competitive and remembering this is the forum and these are forum members and not gouging me, I got what I wanted perfect as shown respectable shipping rates for what I requested to have shipped all arrived perfectly as shown originally and communication was perfect!

Your story may differ from my story but one thing I learned DO NOT RUSH PEOPLE SHOW RESPECT and BE PATIENT and ppl will not mind doing business with me, I did not disrespect him nor did I rush him he got it done and I am elated and have the parts I want and I have NO complaints. I shared with him http://www.redlinegoods.com/ and many other sites (Redline Goods makes leather shift boots, e-brake, and armrest covers) I have black perforated leather with red stitching all three looks nice in my car but thanks again SpecTribeSec06 catch you soon, -Gregory

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry for the delay Davespec15, finally found the Maguire's kit and polished the headlights. I've attached pics below, they came out pretty well and could be cleaned up further with another round of light sanding, buffing. Let me know if you're interested still; it's been a while since you asked so they're yours for $30 if you want them, no worries if not. I'll post some other pics of bits I've pulled, essentially everything is disassembled save for the motor and trans (still in the car), just haven't had time to snap pics or post. I got a used Garret T25 that I'm looking to rebuild, if anyone happens to have a rebuild kit laying around (or associated bits like a manifold, piping, etc) I'd love to trade for one. My boy Mike w/ the 4dr, SR20 b13 is looking for a number of bits for his ride, anyone with SR20 parts or B13 chassis goodies looking to trade for b15 stuff let me know. Sorry for the delay again good peoples, more pics of various parts to come later today. Thanks for the kind words Big Lettuce! It was really cool getting to chat with you, don't hesitate to give me a shout if I can be of help when you go to swap those harnesses in!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts