A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am Tony, in Southern WI. My first nissan is this 2002 sentra ser spec v. I'm the 2nd owner and I like the car so I started working on some inatiquicies and improvements. Its my daily driver. I take windy country roads for 47min to work. Heres some pics.
trunk brace:

Crank pulley 2jr

Home made 2jr ALK anti lift kit spacers.

Cold air engine bay heat shield. Ill prolly re make this out of metal so it doesn't look as cobbled.

Removed all sound dedaning except dash.. even foam in doors lol. No stereo cd cjanger or speakers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I ordered medusa v 2 from 2jr like 6 weeks ago... should be getting here any day now :)

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
The V2 is pretty wonderful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mines supposed to be here monday blak cerekote ceramic! Ironically, my car started going into some sort of a limp mode intermittently. Scan tool shows throtle body code and its not reading 5v. When 100% pedal. So thats getting here today and then by Friday next week hopefully that and the exhaust has got me back on the road. I will look into alternator if that TB does fix my issues. ..

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
There is a connector that sometimes corrodes I think located on the intake manifold or near the ecu. I think there is a tsb for it.

The coating works wonders. The underhood temp difference is greatly reduced. I sware it even produces 5 more hp when hot by keeping in the thermal energy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Ill have to measure the plate I think it was about 13mm. I know it was between the 10mm and 15mm that 2jr makes.... as for the throttle body that was definitely the problem.. the old one sounded like a spring rattling when you tapped the side of it. ... headder going on sunday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Expsa, did you have a template for your custom fab anti lift kit? Or is it just free hand? I am trying to build a grassroots motorsports 2000 challenge car and am hitting my budget cap quickly. I would love to do this mod.

Also trying to find some side of the road steel so I can fab a trunk brace like yours!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the template I pulled down the lower control arm where the soacer mounts... used spray paint on the mating surface then pressed a piece of cardboard against for a print... press firm, but most important press strait on and pull strait off, dont let it slide around at all. Then I laid the cardboard on the aluminum plate and eyeball'd the center and used a punch to mark and give a place for the drill bit to bite. For three bolt holes and alignment pin hole. Then freehand the shape to approximate 2js. Design. The hardest part was cutting them out. I wound up using wood cutting blades and diesel fuel for cooling. And a bit of patience. There's a video by 2j racing that is on YouTube to give an idea of how it mounts. Iys like under 4 min. Very straight forward...40 ftlbs on bolts if I remember.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem.. we should eventually meet up a car show or something... im in monroe area. My friend just told me they are looking for people to race at Madison international speedway outside Oregon. I am thinking of doing that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks. Ill have to measure the plate I think it was about 13mm. I know it was between the 10mm and 15mm that 2jr makes.... as for the throttle body that was definitely the problem.. the old one sounded like a spring rattling when you tapped the side of it. ... headder going on sunday.

Update.. still having issues with going into limp mode.. it didn't do it for a while with new TB now its acting up again.. im replacing alternator. Read of over volt issues some people have. Hopefully I didn't hurt the new TB by sending too much voltage?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sweet. Yea for sure we can get together at a car show perhaps a cars and coffee in lake mills. I have taken my Z to that a few times. The sentra is not a car show car its a beat up car for me to learn to race on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts